Ch. 31

Peter was jittery as he paced around the roof he was meeting Deadpool at. Even though he was just hanging out with him, he was nervous to meet back up with Wade. After all, even though he and Peter agreed to be friends, Deadpool and Spider-Man had not yet. It was getting frustrating to pretend that he was two different people with his partner, since he never had to with any of the avengers. The jokes he couldn't say, the quips he had to pass up, just because 'Spider-Man' wouldn't know about it. He was struggling to keep in check, and the lack of sleep was not helping.

Deflated, Peter laid down on the edge of the roof and looked out to the city. The busy traffic noises brought him a strange level of comfort. He was quite early, so maybe a nap won't hurt. Slowly he felt his eyelids get heavier and heavier till he slipped into a gentle sleep.

-
-
-

Wade was over the moon! He and Peter were officially friends! His heart fluttered at the idea of them hanging out without the pressure of the job. He had even been added to the group chat Lily had mentioned before she left. He was slowly learning that all of them were wild in their own way.

Gwen had immediately started grilling him about his job and everything under the sun.

Eddie seemed to immediately ask about his food tastes and if he liked chocolate and tater tots.

Lastly Lily was asking if he and Peter wanted to join her for some event that was coming up.

That's what made Wade realize that Peter had been awfully quiet the whole time the chat was exploding. It was odd, but he remembered how tired Pete had been lately.

(Poor thing must be out cold.)

[True. Can't run off coffee forever.]

(Doesn't seem to stop Petey from trying!)

[Kid needs a break.]

"We'll just have to finish helping Webs and put an end to this then, won't we?" Wade mused to himself.

He was almost to the roof where they had agreed to meet up. It was a little bit aways from the cafe he left, but it wasn't too hard to find his way there. Didn't help that Wade was so excited to tell Webs about his resent development with Peter. Sure he was a little late, but he knew Spidey wouldn't mind.

(He's so nice.)

[He's a blessing.]

(And next on the friendship list!)

[You know it!]

(You think he and Peter want to go get tacos afterwards?)

[Oh definitely! Seeing them happily eating is a sight sent by the gods!]

Wade had finally finished climbing up to the roof. If he had a criticism for Spider-Man it would be the obvious obsession with roofs. But he didn't really mind. It was the hero's brand, who was he to judge? He was just happy he could finally hang out with Webs again.

Looking around, though, it's was oddly lacking a certain wall-crawler in red.

(Odd, he's been on time for the most part.)

[Maybe he got distracted?]

"I don't think so..." Wade spoke dangerously as he approached the edge of the building. Slowly, he leaned down and picked up some red fabric he had barely noticed. Looking closer, he realized that it was Spider-Man's mask in his hands. He felt his brain buzz and his throat go dry. His body boiled as rage filled his vision. The edges were soaked with an all too familiar red liquid.

Blood.