Ch. 16

Peter should have known that something like this would happen. Honestly, he should have seen it coming from a mile away.

But nope.

Here he was.

Deadpool was so quiet for so long, Peter just assumed that it was because they were sneaking around. They had just crept up to a group of Hydra agents, and Peter's blood was boiling over. This was it! He was going to get so answers. Right as he was adjusting to prompt a surprise attack, Deadpool had decided to shout.

This was not a normal or goofy random shout.

It was the yell of someone who was losing a fight they were never going to win, but damn did they want to. He sounded like he was arguing with the other person for hours and just wanted them to stop fighting with him.

The sob like brake in his voice was chilling.

Peter knew that tone of voice.

Tony had used it once, years ago. Right after Peter joined. He and Steve were fighting over how Tony had let a kid join the Avengers due to needing the help, and how Steve was concerned that it would hinder the team. To Peter, it was kinda a blur. He was sure Tony had defended Peter and his abilities. Steve had apparently mentioned how Tony couldn't protect Peter in battle, and that was the braking point. Peter's brain had refused to remember all that happened, but it ended with Tony's voice doing a very similar thing. "He's my responsibility, Steve. You don't think I know the risks?" He had sounded so defeated, yet still willing to fight.

It had shattered Cap's whole demeanor, and both of them never brought it up again.

And now here was Deadpool, doing the same thing.

Only difference was they weren't arguing.

Peter had no idea what he was arguing about.

No idea who it was with.

And that they had just been noticed by Hydra agents.

All Peter could do is stare at the merc in pure bewilderment. Who the hell was this guy?

"Fuck."

'Well at least he's back to reality.' Peter's thoughts had betrayed him. The agents had begun to hastily grab their weapons in response to the shock. 'There goes the element of surprise...'

Peter quickly webbed up two of the agents that were closest to him as he leaped out of the way of a third that was coming at him with a knife. Deadpool was stiff in place, clearly still recovering from his outburst. Annoyed, Peter yelled out to him. "Deadpool! People with guns and pointy things! Hello!?"

This grabbed Deadpool's attention as he pulled out his katanas and began to charge the group. He sliced the first agent down the middle. "Mother Jesus fuckin," The next was beheaded. "ugly ass," A bullet to the chest for the third. "cunt sucking," Two with broken jaws. "dick stick," Peter quickly webbed the others to spare them from Deadpool's sudden wrath. "son of an ass faced whore!" The vulgar language that came out of the merc's mouth and the levels of violence caused Peter to cringe. It took everything for him not to throw up.

What had he gotten himself into?