Ch. 7

"So, remind me why we're here again?" Deadpool huffed as he shifted in the window booth at the back of the cafe Peter had lead them to. "This spot give us the perfect visual of the area where Spider-Man is most often seen. Plus, I really like this place." Peter answered, looking over the merc. He was clearly uncomfortable, wearing a hoodie and jeans over his regular costume as a disguise. Even though Peter barely knew the guy, he could tell that he probably didn't frequent normal public places. From what little Tony told him about Deadpool, he knew that he was seen as crazy, and was never seen out of costume. Not that the latter bothered Peter, he understood the need for privacy, so he didn't question when Deadpool put the civilian clothes on over his costume.

"Why don't we order something while we're here?" Peter tried his best to sound casual. After their awkward moment at the tower, Deadpool seemed to be acting as if he was walking on eggshells. To be fair, it had made Peter uncomfortable as well. He wasn't ready for anything like that to happen, and was so focused on finding the best location, that he couldn't quite react properly. His Spidy-sense hadn't gone off, so he knew he wasn't in danger, but that just lead to more questions. Peter was tired of questions, he wanted answers. It would be his 'Paker luck' that they'd be at the cafe that he basically lived in. Besides the tower and Aunt May's, here was where he spent a good portion of his free time. The food and drinks were wonderful, the WiFi was free and didn't suck, and it was a lot more peaceful than the tower. It wasn't his fault it also sat between two banks, a grocery store, and an assortment of other shops. All who tend to attract different variety of people and criminals.

"Y-yeah.... right... Ok. Ok." Deadpool was muttering to himself, pulling at the sleeve of the hoodie. He sat there quietly for a minute, almost as if he was listening to someone. After a moment, Peter decided that he'd wait till Deadpool was ready.

He turned his attention instead to the cafe's atmosphere. He really loved how this place made him feel. The warm yellow lighting along with the retro look of the interior, mixed with instrumental jazz playing over the intercom and the smell of coffee. This place was his little haven. Peter rested his cheek on his hand and turned to watch the people outside. The foot traffic was light today, most likely due to the rain that morning. It only added to the sleepy atmosphere of the cafe, and despite all his nerves focusing on the mission, Peter found himself zoning out.

"Ummm... Petey? What would you recommend?"

"Pardon?" Peter questioned, the sudden shift of direction throwing him off. He wasn't paying attention to anything, and he felt his face warming up.

"The latte. Vanilla or mocha?" Deadpool repeated himself. "I really wanted the mocha, but everything goes straight to my hips. Your thoughts?" He mused to Peter, knowing full well that the kid wasn't really keeping up.

"Well, if it's your hips your worried about, I'd say that there's not a problem, they look fine to me." Peter flatly answered.

"My my!!! Peter! I didn't think you'd notice!" Deadpool cooed.

"Well you nearly crushed me with them earlier, it was kinda hard not to." Peter mumbled out, trying his best not to sputter his word.

"Oh. Right. Sorry about that... again." Deadpool seemed a bit deflated at the comment.

Peter tried his best to not let it get more awkward. "Anyway, I prefer the vanilla, but I'm gonna get an iced coffee. T—Mr. Stark says I need to cut down on the sugar."

"Hmmm.... and do you always do what daddy Stark says?" Deadpool teased.

"Wha—!"

"Vanilla it is!" Deadpool cut him off, and Peter could tell the merc was grinning under his mask. Peter also could tell that he was probably blushing. A lot!