Ch. 17

Wade honestly couldn't remember the past few minutes to save his life. Not that he ever needed or wanted it to be saved. One moment, he was ogling Spider-Man's ass. The next, he's webbed up and covered in someone else's blood. Not to mention, Spidy was standing before him arms crossed,  reminding him of Cap right before he scolds someone. He was perplexed to say the least. He let out a soft sigh as he addressed the obviously irritated hero standing in front of him.

"Hey Spidy? I'm not going to judge, cuz not gonna lie I probably deserve it, but why did you web me up? And who's blood is on me?"

[I'm so turned on right now.]

(I think Spidy is mad at us.)

[No shit.]

(We probably killed someone we weren't suppose to.)

[You think?]

Spider-Man's shift to an aggressive stance didn't bode well for Wade. "Really!? You don't remember ruining our sneak attack, standing around for a solid minute while they started to attack, then suddenly killing them all even after I incapacitated them!? I had to web you up just to keep myself alive!!!" His voice was getting louder as he stepped closer to Wade.

Now that Wade was more aware of what was happening he looked Spidy over again. He felt his jaw drop as he discovered what had Spider-Man in such a bitch mood. There was a clear tear in the suit right below Spidy's left rib, another along his right cheek, and what looked like a knife grazed both his upper arms multiple times. It became all to clear to Wade what had happened. He lost control.

(Holy shit! We haven't blacked out an episode in forever!)

[Not since that Mob job a few months ago.]

(Yeah! Wonder what that was about?)

'Shut the fuck up! Can't you see the deep shit we're in?'

(What do you mean?)

[Idiot. The job, remember? Petey is not gonna like that we almost killed Spidy.]

(Oh no.)

Wade groaned out in defeat.

"Fuuuuck."

This seemed to just aggravate Spidy more. "Really??? That's all you have to say!? You killed unarmed men! Almost got me killed. Almost killed me... Not to mention everything around here is destroyed... SHIT!!! We lost our lead!!! Tony is gonna kick my ass! On this is bad..." The Smaller man began to pace nervously, muttering incoherently to himself. Wade just watched him, confused as to what he should do next.

(Apologize to him, it's the least we can do.)

[Yeah, and what are we supposed to say? "Oh,I'm sorry. I'm a loony!"]

(We could at least try to explain ourselves.)

"Hey, Webs. I know you probably don't wanna here this, but I am sorry about this..." Wade did his best to sound level. Spider-Man's head snapped towards him, indicating for him to explain himself. "... I didn't mean for this to happen. I don't know if IronDick has told you anything about this, but I'm not... ok. I haven't been for a long time. And sometimes I get so distracted by th— well distracted, that I sometimes don't know what I'm doing till afterwards. I can honestly go between all night binging of Golden Girls to a full week of murdering gangsters. So I'm honestly sorry you got caught up in it. I really, truly am..." The slight crack in his voice by the end couldn't be helped. It was taking everything within him to not breakdown.

[This is humiliating.]

(Well I'd rather be on Spidy's good side for right now.)

To Wade's surprise, the hero relaxed almost immediately, as if the information had put him into shock. He was just standing there, seemingly staring at him for what felt like an eternity. It was as if he was debating his entire moral compass right there in front of him, though Wade couldn't imagine why. He looked from the mercenary, to the bodies, back to the mercenary, up to the ceiling and then finally down to the floor. He let out a deep sigh in defeat. Seemingly coming to this conclusion, Spider-Man spoke up in a genuine and broken voice. Unknowing to him, this moment would stick with Wade for the rest of his life.

" ... You like tacos?"