Ch. 2

Tony didn't need Friday to tell him Steve was back from his mission, the loud stomping up to his lab door did that just fine.

"Want to tell me why Deadpool, THE DEADPOOL, is in our main lobby?" Steve's voice sounded strained by his attempt to keep his anger down as he barged through the door. After a brief look over towards his teammate, Tony just shrugged. "I thought he could help, why? You tolerate him the best out of all of us." They both held gaze for a moment before Steve turned to the security monitor. "That may be, and most of the team is out on their own missions... but why him?" The super-soldier just didn't know what was going through the billionaire's mind. Was he really so upset about Hydra taking interest in Pete that he would hire Deadpool? Was he that desperate? Or was something else going on? Tony was very protective of the kid, and Deadpool was far from safe. So what was he up to?

"Relax, Steve. Wade is here to help because this somehow also involves him apparently." Tony huffed out.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Steve tilted his head into confusion, watching the assassin on the screen in front of him. "Does he have information about what they're up to?"

Tony sighed. "Maybe not so much information, and more of experience with who's involved."

"He thinks Weapon-X is involved?" Steve stated surprised. He personally has never had contact with the infamous group, but he knew plenty about them from other's accounts. Narrowing his eyes back to Deadpool, he pondered over the situation. Yes, Peter was a mutate, with desirable talents and powers. Not to mention that he was brilliant by his own accord. But why him? Specifically. What did they truly want? Was Weapon-X really involved? Or was Wade just going on another man hunt and need an excuse to get away with the body count? Either way, nothing good was to come of it.

"Does Peter know about this?" The question didn't need an answer, Steve knew already, Tony can't hide anything from that kid. "I told him that he was going to meet someone that was going to help us out with the mission. He shouldn't know about Deadpool, so he's going in with a clean slate. It'll be good for both of them." Tony said flatly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Steve crossed his arms as he shifted nervously. "Well, you know Peter's been trying to pull the teen loner thing for a while, and I thought maybe if he teamed up with someone who has a similar energy level— " "SO YOU THOUGHT AN UNHINGED PSYCHOPATH WOULD BE THE BEST FIT?!?" Steve cut in, still not onboard with any of it.

"Steve, it's fine."

"ITS NOT FINE!!"

"Steve..."

"Tony, he can't be trusted!"

"Maybe not... but you trust me, don't you?"

The phrase caught his attention. Like a secret message that only he could have heard from Tony. He stepped closer to the other man.

"... there's something else, isn't there?"

"..."

"Tony..."

"You just gotta trust me on this, alright?" His eyes were pleading with him, Steve hadn't seen that look in a long time. It broke him a little inside to see it again. He wasn't about to make the same mistake again.

Defeated, Steve let out a heavy sigh.

"... ok, Tony. Ok"