Ch. 19

Peter was freaking out.

Scratch that. He was borderline about to have a panic attack.

He barely slept that night, staying up researching anything about the warehouse, Hydra, Weapon-X, or Deadpool. It was an insane rabbit hole to say the least. And now he was pacing around in his room at the tower, 2 hours before Deadpool was to arrive. He wanted to rant about it all to Ned, but granted it was 8am on a Saturday, he probably wouldn't be awake. So on to plan-B... text his college friends.

Gwen Stacy, Eddie Brock, and Lily Drake had all been in a few of his gen-eds his first semester, and by some strange interference of the universe, became his friends. Gwen was a first year, same as Peter, and was majoring in Biology, meaning that she was in the most classes with Peter. She had lovely blonde hair and a neck for getting very involved in people's lives. Eddie was a senior media and journalism major, only really in Peter's Gen Phyc class, but was friends with Lily. He was bigger than Peter, but unlike the jocks of high school, he was basically a giant teddy bear. Lily was a 3rd year, and poured all her time into Political Science. She always looked half dead, and ran on coffee and spite, but she was the most laidback of them. The three didn't know anything about Peter being Spider-Man, but they did know a thing or two about a thing or two.

Peter went to his phone and opened the group chat: "Dead, Broke, & Crying"

Peter: lesbians share your wisdom.

In only a few short moments, his phone was going off...

Gwen: Girls hot!

Eddie: The planet is burning.

Lily: Who do I need to stab???

Peter smiled softly down at his phone, as he was thinking about how to word everything he needed to say.

Peter: what do you do when a guy that you got assigned to work with tells you something bad about himself, that could effect the job... and you just say cool and buy him late night tacos?

Peter: also you see him the next day for work?

The instant wave of replies causes Peter to jump a little.

Gwen: OMG!!! Pete do you have a work boyfriend??????

Gwen: WHAT IS HIS NAME???

Gwen: IS HE GRADUATED?!?

Gwen: HOW OLD IS HE???

Lily: You got late night tacos without me???

Eddie: Just be cool dude... People bond over food. If you can still get the job done, then there's nothing to worry about.

Eddie: And next time invite us over for late night tacos.

Lily: I WANTED TACOS

Lily: TACOS!!!!!!!!!!!

God. What was he going to do with these dorks? Peter let out a laugh as he replied.

Peter: HE IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!!!!!

Peter: Thanks Eddie, I'll keep that in mind!!!

Peter: I'll bring tacos on Monday!!!!!

Taking a deep breath, Peter put down his phone. He gathered up his clothes and headed for the bathroom. Today was going to be a long day, and he needed a nice hot shower.

A nice, long, hot shower.