Ch. 30

Wade was feeling pretty good about himself. He was texting memes to Peter, Tony brought up his pay, and he had a date with Spidy.

(Not a date.)

[A bitch can dream.]

He was out walking around, feeling giddy, when low and behold, who should he spot? A giggling, beautiful, and nervous Peter walking into a cafe with a GIRL! She complimented his nervous energy with a cool relaxed on, nodding and smiling at his rambling, somehow keeping up. Her piercing tired eyes never leaving him, as clear fondness was on her face. Wade felt his heart sink.

[A cute little thing too!]

(Shut up! My heart hurts!!)

[Bitch! Figured he was taken... I just thought it was Spidy...]

(Oh shit! Yeah! What the hell?!)

Wade waited a moment, then followed them in, ordering a drink and sitting at the booth furthest with the best view. So what if he's nosy? He was SURE baby boy and Webs were a thing!! He needed to know who this outsider was... for both of Peter's and Spidy's safety... of course...

[Suuuuuuuuuuuure. Safety.]

(Shut up! I'm LISTENING!!!)

"You're worried about him, you already made up your mind, and it sounds like you're looking for confirmation, not advice." The tired looking girl mulled out. "I'm not a therapist, so I don't know the right thing for you to do... but maybe if you're there for him, be his friend, he'll open up and give you more of the picture. You can't know everything about someone in the span of a day or two after all. But like I said I don't know what you should do."

(Who do you think they're talking about?)

[I don't know, but I don't think this is a date.]

(Sounds like Pete is getting advice about how to deal with someone.)

[Yeah. Someone who sounds like a lot of trouble.]

"I do want to be friends with him." He answered with such pure honestly. The girl smiled more, with gentle care in her eyes.

"Then you got nothing to worry about Pete. You're the sweetest guy I know. He'd have to be heartless to not want to befriend your cute lil babyface~" She cooed in her familiarize teasing tone, booping his nose as she does. She gave off big sister vibes.

Wade let out a sigh.

(SEEEEEEEE?!?!)

[Ok. Ok. So he's not cheating on Webs.]

(AND?????)

[...]

(Say it...)

[... and he's universally cute. Yeah. Yeah.]

(My baby is a 10/10!!)

[He's not YOUR baby.]

(Aaaaand my heart hurts again....)

"Thanks Lily. Sorry for dumping on you." Peter looked deflated, who did he even want to be friends with that was this much of a stress causer?

"No problem! But, um, I think we should head out of here." She said the last part in a hush tone. Her steely gaze locking onto Wade, a deadly expression forming. Though he knew nothing permanent would happen to him, he couldn't help feeling uncomfortable. It was as though a murderous aura was flowing from her.

(That's suspicious...)

[...]

"What? Why?" Peter was now panicking, bless his little pure soul.