Ch.37

"WADE!!!"

"Easy baby boy, I'm right here."

Wade's grasp on Peter's hand tightened a little more as the boy shot up awake. His heart was fluttering with delight and over flood with joy knowing that he was awake, Peter was alright.
It had worked, the blood transfusion worked! Now all Wade could do was stare to those big doe eyes as they looked at him in both relief and concern. God, did he miss looking into those eyes. For a brief moment, he thought he'd never get to see those eyes again. The warm comfort that they brought him was unmeasurable to anything that he ever known. Wade knew he had fallen bad, he knew before Peter was kidnapped. This situation probably just brought it further to light.

The voices, thank God, decided to be quiet.

Peter, after looking back at Wade for a moment, relaxed and laid back down in his bed. Gently squeezing his hand back as he did. The soft look he gave Wade was making him feel lighter than air. Suddenly all the problems past few hours at all drifted away. Everything that he been crying about screaming about fighting with Johnny about. All gone. All there was, all he needed, was that look.

Slowly, is to not startle the younger man, Wade gently remove the hair out of Peter's face. Effortlessly brushing it aside to reveal more of those warm eyes. Peter seemed to absentmindedly lean into the touch. Wade acknowledged the notion the Peter was still fairly out of it, but it didn't matter. He was safe. He was back.

" You scared us there baby boy, next time set up a signal or something..." Wade gently joked. He paused and thought for a moment, then in a lower tone spoke. "I was worried Webs..." Peter just nodded, now fully snuggled into his other hand. Wade had to fight to keep his heart from leaping out of his chest.

"Mmh... 'sorry 'out dat... didn' know... 'orry 'obout Dad ... mr.. Dad... said not to tell you... 'm spir' ... man." The half awake hero slurred out his apology into Wade's hand.

"Shh... it's ok. I get it. Secret identities are a big part of the biz. I'm not mad. Trust me." Wade couldn't help the growing smile on his face. Peter soon was wearing a matching one. The brightness glowing off him was almost too much to look at, but Wade had been devoid of it for too long. So, he stayed longingly interlocked with that beautiful smile.

They stayed like that for a bit. Just happily content in each other's presence. It was an unspoken thing. As if they both known that neither one of them wanted to break the contact. The warm shared between them just with the little touch was a treasure to them. Both afraid of it being stolen away too soon.

After a while, however, Wade knew had to get up.

"I gotta go get Iron Toaster and Green Bean, ok baby boy?" He cautiously questioned, looking back at the younger man. Peter just nodded in understanding.

"Tell... mr... Dad... I ... 'issed 'im.... Too..." He happily mumbled.

"Ok, ok. I'll be right back." Wade chuckled as he got up to leave.

Right before he got to the lab door, Peter called out. "Wade!"

"Yeah Petey?"

"I ... 'ove... 'ou... 'e... safe!" He spoke with a goofy smile and a little wave.

It took everything in Wade and then some not to scream. Instead, he gave a big confident smile.

"I will, don't worry. And..." He felt the heat rising in him. "... I love you too."

And with that he was out of the lab faster than you could blink.