Ch. 24

Peter  cursed under his breath as he laid his head on his desk before the start of his first Monday class. He had been so caught up with everything happened that weekend with Deadpool, the Jonny thing, and Tony being over protective. The boy hardly got any rest. Worst of all he forgot the tacos he promised his friends.

"Oof! Pete you look like shit." A tired but sympathetic female voice spoke out.

Speak of the devil.

He turned his head just enough to see the raven haired girl in an oversized hoodie and the blond girl in pastel behind her. Both giving him soft looks of concern.

"Thanks Lily. Morning Gwen." Peter croaked out.

"Morning Peter." Gwen mused, taking her seat at the far end of the desk.

"Hey, don't be a little shit! I brought you coffee!" The older girl teased as she placed the aforementioned coffee in front of her zombie friend. "I got it just how you like it." She added with an almost babying tone.

Immediately, Peter snatched it up and started sipping on it, muttering thanks in between. Man, he was so tired. When was the last time he slept properly? Why did he feel so heavy? Why was his head so fuzzy?

After see him wake up a little, Lily glanced over at Gwen with an evil grin.

"Man, I hope it's not that new work boyfriend that's been keeping you awake at night! I'd hate to see sweet Peter get corrupted!" She pretended to fain. Giving him hair a rustle for good measure.

"Oh shut up! I'm not dating him!" Peter objected.

"What? You mean like Eddie and his mysterious boyfriend V?" Gwen chimed in, ignoring him.

"Guys..."

"Yeah!! What's the deal with that anyway? He gets fired from his part-time job, then BAMB!!! New boyfriend new me! He's been kinda spastic lately." Lily huffed, lamenting her friend.

"I wanna know when we're gonna meet this V?" Gwen agreed.

"Guys! I don't think we have a say in it! Some people want privacy!" Peter criticized.

The two girls exchanged knowing looks and smiled.

"Ok, Pete. Well stop talking about it."

The rest of the class went on as normal. Peter was struggling to stay alive, but Lily's coffee did help. His head was just so caught up in everything that's happened the weekend before, he hardly even notice when the class was over.

After saying his goodbyes to the girls, Peter headed to the library to work on some assignments. He got about half way there when he felt his phone go off like crazy. Nervously, he took it out of his pocket to see who it was.

His jaw dropped.

Unknown: Heyyyy~ ;)

Unknown: guess who?

Unknown: common Pete!

Unknown: that's right!

Unknown: DP!!!

     Peter: how did you get this number?

DP: I stole it off cap's phone ~

Peter: did you need something?

DP: so cold!

DP: I just wanted a txting buddy;)

Peter let out a long tired sigh. Resuming his walk he looked back down at his phone. Deadpool was going to be around for a bit, maybe texting him wouldn't be so bad. He guesses there are worse fates out there.

  Peter: how do you feel about memes?