Ch. 27

Peter and Wade were eating turkey sandwiches over the file laid on the table as Tony and Steve fussed over plans in the background. Peter was munching on his sandwich, laser focused on the words in front of him. Wade was on the other side with his mask rolled up, looking anywhere but at Peter. Wade couldn't explain why he was comfortable eating around the kid, he just felt... safe. The kid made it seem like he could kill 100 people then and there, and there'd be no judgement form him. He just had a comforting energy about him. Stealing a glance over at Peter, Wade's heart almost stopped.

(Nomnomnom Nomnomnom Nomnomnom)

[What the hell?]

(He eats like a cute little hamster!!!)

[This kid has got to be a mutant... one who's power is to be as cute as possible... like WTF?!?]

(He baby.)

[Baby boy~]

(Baby boy~)

[Let's steal him!]

(No, we have to do the job.)

[After?]

(After.)

"—What do you think Wade?" Peter's voice broke the trance Wade was in. "Hmm? Oh. Uh. S-sorry Pete. I was... lost in thought. Could you repeat that?" Wade shyly admitted.

Peter smiled softly, eyes crinkling the way they did to make room for the smile, making Wade's insides hurt. "It's ok. I was just wondering if you wanted to go stake out the place with Spider-Man? He-he really liked working with you. A-and you two are really more suited for stealth than D-Mr. Stark..." As he spoke his face reddened with each word. But it was what he said that caught Wade's attention.

[WEBS LIKES TO WORK WITH US!?!?]

(I don't believe it...)

[ IDIOT DON'T JUST SIT THERE CATCHING FLIES IN YOUR MOUTH!!!!]

(Shit...)

[SAY. SOMETHING. PLEASE.]

"T-totally Petie! Yeah! I, uh, I'd like to work with him again too! Could you tell him to meet me there tomorrow night around 10-ish?" Wade felt like he was word vomiting at this point. His hero crush LIKED working with him. Despite everything he's done or said. Spider-Man wanted to work with him AGAIN. On purpose!  They could maybe even bond over tacos again! This was a big step up from just fanboying! They were going to be partners!Oh he could be dreaming!!

(Wait.)

As if on instinct, Wade pulled out a knife and stabbed his hand, just to make sure he was awake.

He was.

But Peter was now screaming.

"Oh fu-shi-shoot!!! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?? Get that out of your hand! It'll heal right? oh god that's a lot of blood. MR STARK WHERE ARE THE BANDAGES?! Or paper towel— oh you took out the knife... holy nuts... ohhhh ok. NEVER MIND ON THE BANDAGES!! You ok? You need anything? CAP CAN YOU GET THE MOP? holy moly May would kill me if she knew about this... are you doing good?"

The frantic little intern was busy cleaning up the blood and talking to Wade, making sure he was ok. It was endearing, if not a little worrisome.

"Y-yeah. Sorry about that... impulses." Wade gave out the lame excuse. He was then made aware of the other yelling taking place behind him.

"WADE. What the hell did I say about traumatizing my intern?!" Stark growled out at the merc, clearly not amused by his 'impulses'.

[Fuck.]

(I hate this job.)