Ch. 20

(NO!)

[???]

(No No No No No!!!!!)

[What's got your panties in a wad?]

(I can do this!)

[Do what?]

(I am freakin the FUCK out!!!)

[WHY???]

(I'd rather be gutted, bled out, cut into ribbons, and draped over the Avenger's Tower!!!)

[WILL YOU PLEASE CALM THE FUCK DOWN AND TELL ME WHAT THE SHIT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?!?]

(...)

"We're on our way to go see Peter..." Wade chimed in with a heavy sigh. They had been walking around the block for a while, just out of sight from the dreaded destination. Clearly avoiding it as long as he decided was appropriate. If he was being totally honest, he would rather not go see the young man either. The day before had been embarrassment after embarrassment for the merc, first with the kid then with Spidy. Not to mention that Wade was sure the two had a thing going on, and kept each other in the loop. The only saving grace was that he got free tacos at the end of it all. He was also praying that neither told IronDad about any of it.

[Yeah. Hate to have the pay cut again!]

"Or worse, us ended up owing the privileged prick!" He said in a low growl. Wade's stomach was twisting in weird way that he was unfamiliar with. It was like guilt and middle school emotions had blended together then added anonymous feelings and a dash of anxiety for good measure. It was both the most sickening and interesting  experience, but it was getting old real fast. Turning in the direction of the tower, Wade forced himself forwards.

(Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!)

[Would you cut that out? Wade finally decided to put his big boy pants on, now it's your turn.]

(...but...)

[No but's!!]

"Lol... Butts."

[Sometimes I really wish we could die just so I would finally never hear either of you again.]

(You love us~)

[I would sell your soul for a chicken nugget.]

(Good thing I don't have one!)

"Guy focus, we're almost there."

Never in Wade's time working with the Avengers had the front door felt so intimidating as the loomed over head. He wasn't even this nervous when he got to go on mission with Cap for the very first time. It was so exhilarating it was suffocating the merc.

[We really have turned into a preteen girl, haven't we?]

(Shut up!)

Cautiously, Wade crossed the main lobby, doing his best to ignore the terrified stares of the employees. How could he have forgotten about the little scene he pulled the evening before?

[It just blurred in with the rest of his usual fuck ups.]

(Asshat.)

Pressing the elevator button and waiting while he ascended up the building must have been the worst part, as the seconds seemed like hours. Floor by floor his heart beat faster and faster. Finally the elevator binged and the doors opened. Wade shaking with anticipation walked out. He immediately was staring at the most beautiful thing he's ever laid eyes on, as well as the most awkward.

There in front of Wade stood a very surprisingly muscular shirtless Peter consoling a very clingy and very drunk Human Torch with a worrier Cap holding back a murderous Tony. All stopped by his arrival, staring back at him.

"Is this a bad time?"