Ch. 12

Peter knew that he agreed to do the mission without Spider-Man stepping in.

Peter knew that Tony would freak out.

Peter knew that Deadpool would probably show up wherever Hydra was.

Peter knew that he would have to come up with more half-truths.

He knew there would be risks.

Despite knowing all of this, Peter still found himself slipping on the tight costume, texting May that he was going out, and crawling out the sliding glass window of his guest bedroom Tony let him stay in. Outside the tower was cold and damp, and the breeze from the high made his ears pop a little before he adjusted. Even though he's had his powers for a few years now, he still needed a moment to focus his heightened senses. In normal every day settings, he developed a technique to tone the world down, more or less. Being Spider-Man, however, he can use them at their fullest, practically taking it everything that is happening in the city around him. The claustrophobia of it all didn't bother him as much as one would think, but it was far from comfortable.

Peter let out a deep breath. Adjusted his position on the wall. And leaped off.

The free-fall only lasted a moment before he shot a web towards a near by building and flung himself through the air. The back and forth rhythmic pattern of his swings were absolutely freeing. The way Peter could just flow with the city's energy and business so effortlessly made his heart warm. He loved this. He understood why Tony said he needed to keep the superheroing on hold, but he could never give this up. This was who he was, this was where he felt like he belonged, this was his freedom.

After an hour or so, Peter noticed that it was quieter tonight than usual. In fact, it was almost uncomfortable. Puzzled by this observation, Peter landed on the roof of a random office building. The moist cement roof was empty, not even trash settled there.

Peter let himself dangle over the edge of the building as he contemplated the fact.

'Well, Tony and Cap have been patrolling for the past few days now, so that's pretty intimidating on it's own. Then there's the fact that Hydra is in the city, and they definitely don't want to be caught. And lastly— '

Peter didn't get to finish his train of thought as his spider senses went off, alerting him that someone was nearing him. He spun around and entered a defensive position. He was itching for a fight.

"WHO'S THERE?!? Show yourself!!!" He demanded in a low and dangerous tone. A shadow of a man crept out from his hiding spot behind a large vent. Arms raised in a surrender pose as he walked towards Peter. "Wow. You really are amazing! Aren't ya?" The stranger chuckled out. Peter didn't need the closer look to know who was in front of him.

"Deadpool?" Peter spoke as he relax his stance. The next second late he realized he messed up.

"GASP! You know of little 'ol me? Oh gosh, Spidy! I'm flattered! I'm practically blushing! Just look at how red I am!" The merc squealed out in delight. He started fanning himself with his hand, pretending to swoon. "You just don't met men like you often, I'm just wondering how you know about me?"

Letting out a sigh, Peter knew the lies were about to begin.

Peter's night had just gotten a lot less quiet.