Ch. 18

Peter must've been feeling ill.

Gone insane.

A moron.

Totally lost it.

Something.

What was he thinking?

Peter was staring a hole into his food as he and Deadpool sat on a roof with their tacos that they got from his favorite restaurant. For the life of him, he couldn't understand what he was doing there. Deadpool had just ruined his chance to get info on hydra, attempted to kill him, and admitted to being a crazed killer. Yet, here he was, eating tacos with the guy like nothing happened. Leave it to Peter to respond to a murder confession like: 'oh, ok! You hungry? I'm hungry'... what was wrong with him? How was this the way he was responding? Should he be freaking out? Why wasn't he more conflicted about it? And why was that the thing that scared him the most?

As Peter was eating and cursing himself, Deadpool was having his own internal conflict.

(I don't like this.)

[Why not? Webs just bought us tacos!! Taco date!! We're in heaven!!!]

(We almost killed him! We told him that we're basically insane... and what? He asks us out for tacos?)

[I see your point.]

(That's not the normal response we get...)

[Yeah! Normally we get a 'get the fuck away from me!' With a side of 'you are insane!' To top it off.]

'Not: do you like tacos?'

(Maybe Webs is a little of the deep end himself?)

[Think so? He still seemed angry when we tried to kill him... that's in the normal ball park.]

Wade glanced over at the hero in question. His mask was rolled up just passed his nose, revealing the smooth pale skin and pink lips that were normally hidden. He subconsciously fiddled with the bottom of his own mask, he wasn't sure he was comfortable eating with Spidy. When he was at the cafe with Peter, the kid was so distracted that sneaking his drink was easy. This was another beast all together. Wade swallowed hard as he watched Spidy eat one of the tacos, practically fitting the whole thing in his mouth on the first bite. Spider-Man might not be a proper lady, but damn if Wade wasn't impressed. The aggressive way the smaller man was eating his food told Wade that he was still upset about something.

'Webs isn't crazy, I think he's trying to be nice...'

(Yeah? What does he gain from it?)

[Us NOT killing him.]

(I think that was a given... but he could have just told us he was fine and leave us be... he wants something.)

Let out a rough cough, Wade directed Spider-Man's attention from the tacos to himself. "I, uh, didn't know spiders liked Mexican food?" He forced out the best he could.

(Fake it till you make it!)

[Our motto.]

Spider-Man was mid bite, and was clearly not expecting that to be the silence breaking question. He froze there for a second, taco in mouth, then finished the rest of it probably the fastest Wade had ever seen another person eat a taco. After a hard swallow, Spidy spoke.

"Y-You, um, you know that I'm not a real spider, right?" The young hero sputtered out with slight concern. Wade could have sworn that the hero might have sounded a bit offended by that question. Opting for trying not to get webbed up again, he just shrugged. "You never know these days, some crazy shit is always happening, it's not that far of a stretch to believe."

"Yeah... I guess..." Spider-Man seemed to just deflate. Wade couldn't help but notice how tired the smaller man seemed to be, even before their little mishap. The slow exhales, the slight twitch in his movements, it was hard to ignore.

(This Hydra thing is definitely cutting into his sleep.)

[And heroes hardly have time to rest as it is...]

After a moment of pondering, Wade grabbed his bag and stood up. He let out an over dramatic yawn as he stretched. "Welp! Webs, I'm dead tired,  I'm sure you are too. How about I take this beautiful, beautiful, beautiful food with me and we call it a night?" He patted the hero on the shoulder and started to make his leave. "Besides ~ I have a meeting with Petey tomorrow morning, and I don't wanna miss that!!!" He couldn't help the softness in his voice upon mentioning the intern's name. Thankfully, the voices had nothing to add at the moment.

The hero gathered his trash and stepped to the edge. "Alright, tell Pete I said hey!" And with a phwip and a leap he was gone.

"Sleep well, Spidy~"

-
-
-

A/N

Thank You all for reading! I'm sorry the post are rare, real life is kicking my ass! Love the comments you guys leave!!! They crack me up!!!!! Still writing this - more to come in the future.

Hope you all enjoy!!!! <3