KABANATA 1:

Trade

Secret Knyazeiva Abadiano has done it again! Together with her brother Promise Knyoxiro Abadiano, they are raising the flag of our beloved country in the field of medicine and aeronautics.

We can all recall that the Abadiano Twins became our headline months ago after they both declined three scholarships from three great Universities namely: Harvard University of Massachusetts, Oxford University of London and Cambridge University, the reason is still unclear. Though, supportive fellow Filipinos are still hoping for a change of heart from these prodigies.

I frowned while hearing the news from my brother's cellphone. He clicked the next clip when the news bore him. But it was useless. News pa rin naman ang naroon at parehong balita.

"Secret Knyazeiva a filipino prodigy who was dubbed to be the next Einstein. The whole world is literally feasting over her achievements. Everyone is talking about this Filipino prodigy, the DNES magazine in the Czech Republic, People en Español, Femina magazine in Switzerland, Jolie in Germany, Madame magazine in France, le Figaro magazine Paris, Marie Claire España and Vanitha TV in India. Dominating the whole world's media, this prodigy keeps a low key profile just like her brother, Promise Knyoxiro.

The twin showed potential as early as they turned one. It was confirmed by their uncle who is a well known Lawyer-CEO Marcus Abadiano, who became their teacher from grade school to high school together with their mother, who is until now, unknown. They learned their alphabet when they turned one, learned algebra when they turned three.

However, despite being twins they showed interest in different fields. Promise showed evident interest in the medical field. He started formulating medicines, at the age of 12 he successfully made various medicines that was approved and verified by the FDA under the international Pharmaceutical, Fpizer Inc. Unsurprisingly Promise earned his PhD in Chemistry at the age of 18.

While on the other hand, Secret started showing interest in aviation and aeronautics when she was 9 when she first sketched her kit aircraft design and four years later she successfully turned her idea into reality. At the age of 13 her first Philippine solo flight happened, in that kit aircraft, after being signed off by her CFI Pilot Andres Malari. Making her win various awards such as the Illinois Aviation Trades Association Industry Achievement Award and MIT Physics Department Orloff Scholarship Award. She has received job offers from Blue Origin, an aerospace company founded by Amazon.com's Jeff Bezos, and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) but the young prodigy continued turning them down saying that physics is starting to bore her. At the age of 18 she became a licensed pilot.

Now the Abadiano twins are studying in a public High School in the province of Leyte. Finishing their last year of Senior High School planning to pursue college in the City—"

Naputol ang sinasabi ng isang sikat na tagapahayag nang natatawang inilipat ito ng kapatid niya.

"Oh interview!" He blurt out, amused.

"What can you say about turning down these opportunities?"

"I can learn here."

"Oh!" The journalist awkwardly laughed "What can you say about being dubbed as the next Einstein in the making?"

"No one can be him. No one can do what he did—"

Naputol ito nang hablutin ko ang cellphone ng kapatid ko at pinatay ito. That news was covered four years ago, hindi pa rin siya natutunawan.

"Ano ba? If you want to watch that stupid interview doon ka sa malayo!" Naiirita kong ani sa kaniya. Ang kaninang ngisi ay naging tawa.

"Ito naman sinusuportahan ka lang e." He teased.