KABANATA 53:

Complete

The cozy bed with Lincoln's scent gave me comfort when I myself couldn't explain why I feel so weird.

"Hey, what's the problem?" Naramdaman ko ang paglundo ng kama. Then his warm calloused hands brushed against my arm. Umikot ako ng higa para harapin siya.

I sighed.

"I felt uncomfortable with Nathalia." I admitted. Nangunot ang noo niya.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? I could've let her out or sent her home earlier. Do you want me to send her home now?" He asked. Agad naman akong nagpanic at napailing. He seems guilty with letting his friend stay for the night.

"No. It's not like that. I think it's just me. My insecurities." Naiiling kong sabi sa sarili. He cupped me like I'm nothing then rested me between his thighs my head on his arm, like a baby.

"I didn't know you have insecurities." He said.

"I didn't, but when it comes to you my confidence often crashes downhill. I can't help it. She knows everything about you, you have a lot of similarities, you relate with each other, you've been together for almost your whole life, and she knows how to cook!" I ranted. Isang malakas na halakhak lang naman ang narinig ko. He then stopped, he looked at me then pinched my cheek.

"I am yours and nothing can change that. No one will ever match my passion for you, pi. Kahit si Nathalia pa. She's just a friend and nothing more while you, you're my Lithium Iron, right?" He smiled at me.

I smiled back. Right! This insecurities should stop. Ako lang. Ako lang ang nagmamayari sa isang Khib Lincoln Xorgalkzki.

"Good morning, engineer!" Nabitawan ko ang hawak na pan nang marinig ko ang biglaang pagbati ni Nathalia.

Now that she's just wearing a racer back, I had a clear view of her tattooed arms. Her tats stretched from her wrist to her shoulders, her back even!

She looks really rough.

"Hey, morning too." Nakangiti kong bati sa kaniya.

For this relationship to work. I must trust him. Kung sabi niya kaibigan lang, kaibigan lang talaga.

A relationship without trust is not a relationship, it's just an attachment with two delusional individuals.

"What are you doing? You're up this early." Lumapit ito sa akin. Halos mamula ang buong katawan ko nang mapasipol siya pagkakita sa niluluto ko.

"A-Ah, I was making breakfast but it seems like breakfast doesn't want to be made." Nahihiya kong sagot.

"Ohh, this is one of the most unique looking pancakes I have ever seen." She said while whistling. I panicked when she picked up a fork and took a huge slice. "What's the flavor? Chocolate?" I saw how she chewed it happily pero bigla itong napaubo.

"U-uh actually it's a spanish omelette." Nahihiya kong sabi at agad na inabutan siya ng tubig.

"That was... unexpected." She laughed. Natulala ako sa kaniya. I thought she'd be mad like that Blaire woman na akala mo maganda. "Tulongan na lang kita."

"Huh? Talaga?" 'Di makapaniwala kong tanong sa kaniya. Tumango naman ito.

Tinuruan niya nga ako. We made some french toast kasi iyon ang paborito ni Lin. I burnt a couple before getting the timing. I just had to compute the temperature, the time it takes for the pan to heat up, and the timing on flipping the bread. Nothing that my math can't handle.

"Oh we're done!" Natutuwa kong ani pagkatapos kong dalhin ang mangkok ng kanin.

Saktong bumukas naman ang kwarto ng mahal na prinsepe.