KABANATA 22:

Dibs

"What na? Let's go at baka ma-left tayo ng plane." Rei said while tapping her shoe on the floor impatiently.

We are currently at the airport and on our way to our hometown, Tacloban City. Si Lia, Promise, Rei, at Shy lang ang kasama ko. Hindi makakasama si mamangs dahil may importante'ng gagawin daw.

But she promised that she'll be home for christmas. Anyways, today were lucky enough to ride a plane since tito Marcus was the one who booked our flight and he paid for it too.

Ang sabi raw kasi ni lola Melly baka masyado kaming mapagod pagnag-bus pa kami.

"Ate, why does ate Ret-ret talk like that?" Lia suddenly asked while tugging the edge of my shirt.

Natawa naman ako. 'Apaka conyo kasi kaya pati bata na we-weirdohan. "Ask her." I answered and looked at Rei.

Lia's eyes moved to look at Rei. She then run and started tugging her trench coat. Maka-coat akala mo naman pupuntang ibang bansa.

Sometimes I don't understand fashion.

"Ate Ret-ret why do you talk like that?"

Rei stopped fixing her hair then looked at Lia.

Kinurot niya muna ang pisngi nito bago sumagot. "First don't make tawag to me that name, Ret-ret? Yuck I'm not a kid anymore, okay? second I like talking this way. There is no such batas that prohibits mga tao to talk like this so if you talk conyo too and people will point out how maarte you talk. Just tell them to shut their bibigs up, wala silang na co-contribute for world peace, 'kay?" She said and flipped her hair. Napa-nguso naman si Lia.

"Isn't that mean?" She asked Rei while pouting.

"That's not mean if it's us, gorgeous girls, saying it." She said and pinched Lia's nose. Tumango naman ang batang na-uto ng kaibigan kong maarte.

Lia ran back to me while pouting. "I still think that's mean." She mumbled. Natawa nalang ako at ginulo ang buhok niya.

When we heard the announcement for our flight we immediately move.

Tito Marcus really made sure that we'll have our seats near each other. Hindi naman sila nag-ingay kaya walang naging problema.

While Lia, it's not her first time travelling by air so she can handle this.

"Oh, my apos!" Agad na sinalubong kami ng matatamis na halik ni lola Melly.

Isa-isa niya kaming pinaulanan ng halik sa mukha. Sila ni tito Marcus, kasama ang ilang katulong, ang sundo namin dito sa airport.

" 'La bakit sumama ka pa?" Nag-aalala kong tanong sa kaniya. She's on her wheelchair, and even though her doctors are telling us that she's doing great, I can't help but feel nervous with her condition.

She's suffering from a congenital heart disease, and it's hereditary.

"Why, you don't want me here?" She asked and frowned.

"That's not what I meant. Alam mo naman na nag-aalala lang ako, kami." I explained and held her hand. They are our family ever since and I can't stand seeing anyone of them suffering. It's just painful.

"Ay! Anyways I am so glad you can come, Savanah!" She laughed and smiled at Shy. Lumapit si Shy at pumalit sa pwesto ko.

"I am also glad, lola but I can't stay for christmas. Kailangan ko kasing umuwi sa pamilya ko." Shy answered. Nakita namin ang harapang pag-ngiwi ni lola Melly dahil sa pagkakabanggit ng pamilya ni Shy.