KABANATA 36:

Gone

"Ah! I am just so exhausted!" I stretched my arms as I leaned back on the plane's seat.

"Paanong hindi, e nakipagkulitan ka pa sa mga matatanda roon." Kyle fixed the seat I'm occupying, to make me feel more comfortable. I mumbled my thanks to her after she did that.

"By the way, we will be visiting a friend's salon in Barcelona. They will do our hair and make up for the event later." I stretched my arms and rested it at the back of my head.

"Sana naman walang lalaking staff." She mumbled. Natawa naman ako. The last time we went to a salon, there were staffs who are men, straight men.

Kyle isn't really a man hater but you can say that. Mga sakit sa ulo lang daw e. Tsaka 'di naman daw marunong magstick sa iisang babae lang. Ang bitter niya lang talaga.

"Oh dear Knyazeiva!" Brena ran towards me and hugged me dramatically. Napakaarte nang galaw ng mga kamay niya.

"Brena! It's so nice to see you!" Nakipag-beso ako sa kaniya. "This is my secretary, Maria Kailaranda Manalo but she prefers being called Kyle. She kinda hates her name." I whispered the last sentence while chuckling.

"Oh! It's so nice to meet you, Kyle." Brena held out his hand. Nakipagbeso rin ito kay Kyle kaya bahagya itong napangiwi.

"What are we still waiting for? Com'on we need to start fixing those hideous nails and old school hairstyle! For pete's sake! What are we? Still in the 1990's?!" He exaggeratedly said while looking at my nails, that were chapped and Kyles hair that was tied in a neat bun. "Come on ladies. Chop chop!" He clapped his hands and started walking.

"Pasensya na. Ganon talaga iyon, napakapranka lalo na pag-usapang pagpapaganda." I chuckled at Kyle's smug expression. Ayaw na ayaw kasi nitong pinupuna ang ayos niya lalo na ang buhok. She likes everything organized, neat, and simple.

"Thank you all, ladies and gentlemen, for coming tonight. To be here with you tonight brings me joy and I hope that it also does to you. I want to take this opportunity to give credit and my whole hearted gratitude to those people who made this event possible. To Madame Fruiel thank you for organizing this for me. To Mr. Ukleibi, Madame Boudeliane, Mr. and Mrs. Callahan thank you for helping me with funding the event. Of course to my hardworking secretary, assistant and friend, Kyle thanks for everything. Of course to my family and Him whom gives me strength, I dedicate this to you. Thank you and enjoy the rest of the night!" I got down from the small stage. Sinalubong ako nang naiiyak na si Kyle.

We actually arranged this event as a fund raiser for my new project which is a housing project in Laos. The houses will be given to those who lost their homes because of an earthquake.

I'm selling my paintings and I also invited some painters, aspiring or not, who are also willing to help me with this project. I feel bad for them, alam ko kasi ang pakiramdam ng walang matirhan dahil naranasan na namin iyon lalo na noong bagyo.

"Ito namang si Miss Secret pinapaiyak ako." Kyle whined and stomped her feet kaya natawa ako.

"Para kang tanga." I teased kaya napanguso siya.

"Nga pala marami na ang nabili sa mga paintings mo sa west wing. A lot of these people really liked those abstract paintings." She held out her notepad and she was jotting down symbols.

Naglakad-lakad kami habang nag-uusap. Ngumingiti lang ako sa mga bumabati sa akin at minsa'y nakikipagkamustahan din.

Napatigil ako nang madaanan ang apat na painting na ginawa ko. Nasa apat na hiwalay na canvas ito pero iisa lang kung pagdidikitin.