Rumor

Michella's eyes widened when she entered the huge main library of the MoonAcademy with Florenzia. Long bookshelves stretched across several floors.

"And", Florenzia asked, amused, "have I promised too much?" Michella shook her head and was speechless. She had been looking forward to seeing the four libraries of the MoonAcademy for weeks. Florenzia always had to help out there during the holidays and already got to know it. And everything she had seen she had told her friends. Michella was now in the library of magic. It was the largest of the four libraries. Then there were the libraries of fairies, witches, and magical objects and animals. Despite the names, they were allowed to enter all the libraries - not just the one for fairies. Lilliana had explained that to them. Florenzia grabbed her friend's wrist and showed her around. A wide variety of lexicons were displayed on the ground floor and teachers could set up shelves with books that they thought were worth reading for their lessons. Part of the ground floor also consisted of a hall that had been set up for the heroes of the magical dimension. Up front were holograms of the newer heroes. Among them was Fiora, the director of the MoonAcademy, at a very young age.

Michella gave a short laugh when she saw the hologram: "She looked so much like you."

Florenzia grinned maliciously: "Not just her." They looked at the heroes. All those who had meanwhile passed over to the realm of the dead had been set in stone. Every now and then, Florenzia pointed to a statue and said it was one of her ancestors. At the end of the hall, the oldest of the heroes was enthroned like a goddess. She was also one of Florenzia's ancestors.

"Beautiful," Michella mumbled softly, "Your family has such a long and eventful history."

Florenzia shrugged: "Unfortunately. My younger ancestors believed that because of this particular past, we had to become heroes too. What they forgot is that not a few of my ancestors wanted to become heroes and died without ever having achieved anything. "

Michella replied softly: "I don't have to worry about that. I have no heroic ancestors. "

Florenzia just nodded without saying anything and continued with showing Michella around. She showed her the upper floors and the various fields of work, for which there were books, parchments, scrolls and more.

Michella felt good. In libraries she found not only an external but also an internal calm. In addition, there was her great thirst for knowledge.

"How much have you read here already?" Michella asked curiously.

"Not much," Florenzia replied, "The head mistress forbids taking her books outside the school. I only looked in the books every now and then when I was helping out here. "

Michella looked around: "How does she want to prevent that? And why does she forbid it at all? "

"She certainly knows ways," explained Florenzia, "Two years ago one of Lilli's classmates tried to steal some books with magic formulas. She had hardly left campus when Grandmother stopped her. In the end it came out that the girl was hypnotized. Nobody found out who hypnotized her. The girl herself left the academy out of shame. "

Michella felt queasy: "That could happen again."

"Who knows," said Florenzia, "There is a rumor that the legendary Mistress of darkness hypnotized her. And it is well known that she doesn't make mistakes a second time. But don't worry. She's just a legend. "

Michella nodded: "You shouldn't tell me such stories anymore. I'm always worried about such things."

The brown-haired shrugged her shoulders: "It happened anyway. Just keep your eyes open when you're in one of the libraries. Even if she doesn't say so, my grandmother has long feared that someone might try to steal her most valuable treasure."