Attack in the Wildlands

"Did you watch it?" Alyson asked exuberantly, without even greeting Trisha, who was already waiting at the meeting point. Her brother stood by, confused.

"Of course!", the fairy of luck squeaked, "That was so awesome!"

"What are you talking about?" Mason asked. The friends exchanged looks and blushed. Trisha stammered: "Well, there is a series that we like to watch."

Mason laughed: "Isn't it Moonlight PreCute? A children's series whose heroines were chosen by the moon? Ultimately, such series are always the same. Stronger opponent comes and suddenly there are new forces that no one has heard of before. In the end, the good always wins and the bad is gone forever."

Trisha mumbled: "I tell you, he watches at it secretly." Mason didn't hear it and went on: "Also...What is this moon hype about? Moon here, Moon there and Luna- Sorry, this whole city is already so obsessed with the moon that I'm going crazy."

Alyson mumbled, "We're not telling him about Moonix Girls, are we?"

Trisha shook her head and they both started laughing. Mason looked at both of them again, confused. Then he saw Florenzia and Michella approaching and pointed out the other two.

After Florenzia stayed home sick for two days after the last fight, Alyson asked the only important question: "Did you watch it?"

"Of course," Florenzia replied immediately, "I'm not going to miss our series. That is tradition."

Michella kept walking, rather disinterested: "Getting power boosts in the middle of a fight would be really helpful, but that's not real. You don't get more strength just like that."

"Says Miss Charmix," Florenzia teased. Michella crossed her arms and smiled: "You get rewarded for certain things. Jumping over your own shadow is part of it."

Alyson hopped, literally leaving her shadow behind without it following her. Then she quipped: "Nothing happens."

Her companions looked puzzled and Mason asked: "How did you do that?"

"Light Refraction," Alyson said, "We practiced again in class for the trimester exam yesterday. In doing so, I discovered that I can make things appear and disappear through the refraction of light. I am still practicing."

Trisha smiled: "And already we have new strength."

"Training is everything," Michella said with a smile.

"Speaking of training," Trisha turned to Florenzia, "Today is the excursion. Do you know what they expect from us or what we will do?"

"Not more than you," the moon flower fairy said, "but maybe your brother knows more." Mason stared absently at his cell phone. Trisha shrugged. "He just said not to worry. It will be a normal school trip with a few tasks."

Florenzia folded her arms: "Well, I still remember something. The excursion goes into the the Wildlands. A place where we can't really use our magic. But after all, our penchant for nature should be tested and not our magic."

"Wuh!" Alyson shouted, "Then I don't have to worry that I'm a nut at magic."

Michella thought out loud: "Don't say that. If you can do an exam spell there, it will be easier for you in the exam."

"Exactly," Trisha agreed, "We'll definitely have a few moments to try this out. We'll get the job done quickly. We are Linphea fairies, after all. If we don't have a penchant for nature, who will?"

An hour later the fairies were standing in a swamp of the Wildlands with their classmates. Everyone wore long trousers, a jacket and a backpack - everything in beige tones and with the symbol of the MoonAcademy. Miss Magna stood in front of her students and only went through the attendance register for the fourth time, just to be on the safe side. She looked nervous.