wrong way or another

The clouds hung heavy over Moon Academy when Pierre, Mela and Killian stood in the principal's office.

 "...we have no idea what happened to her," Fiora finished her story.  "Bianca disappeared and all that's left are her things and that."

 She placed a scrap of cloth with the sign of the Mistress of Darkness in front of the agents.

 Pierre took it and examined it.  "Without a doubt it's real.  Who noticed her disappearance?"

 "Her father and I," Fiora replied.  "We wanted to pick her up in the early afternoon.  Like I said, I expelled her from school."

 Killian reflected, "Surely she hated someone.  And if the Mistress takes advantage of that, it was one of our girls, wasn't it?"

 Fiora nodded and Mela and Pierre said almost as one: "Florenzia."

 "Yes, yes," Fiora replied, "but it's not her fault this time as usual. And that's not the point.  Bianca's father is furious.  He thinks she ran away.

 "Then she would be pretty stupid," said Mela.  "It is said that the Mistresses of Darkness rarely let fairies live.  Especially the current one."

 Fiora got up and slammed her hands on the table.  "Why do you think I brought you here?!  We need to get her out of there, whether she's there voluntarily or not."

 "How do you imagine that?" Pierre asked.  "If we knew where the Mistress of Darkness was, we would have a hundred fewer problems.  All we can really do is wait for her to show up again."

 Fiora sighed and sat back down tensely.  "You are right.  It just upsets me so much that I can't even protect my students in my own school."

 "They can also protect themselves," Mela said impatiently.  "We also wanted to discuss something with you."

 "And what?" Fiora asked, clasping her hands tensely.

 Pierre took a small notebook out of his pocket and read: "If you seek purity yourself, then find the Diamond of Polaris and take it to the tutelary goddess of the planet.  Your husband Favio said if we want to support the girls we have to find the inside of their powers and Alyson, or rather her mother Synthia, is from the planet Polaris.  She told me that fairies with the magic of diamonds are brought to the goddess to be blessed."

 Fiora nodded.  "That's right.  But why are you bringing this to me?"

 "The girls are on the trail of the prophecy," explained Pierre.  "We should finally tell them about it.  And I thought the trip would be the perfect opportunity to do that, because somehow we have to get Alyson to be blessed."

 "We support the idea," said Mela and you could see that she wanted nothing less.  Still, she knew it was necessary.

 Fiora doubted.  "I do not know.  While I can sense the four of them have gotten stronger over the past few weeks, they're still novices at magic.  Unburdening them now, even though we don't know if they're the elect...wait a minute...we can know."

 "And how?" Killian asked after the agents looked at each other in amazement.

 "I was on Maledettonis," the head mistress explained.  "That's where I met...the ghost of one of my best friends.  We fought the last ruler of darkness many, many decades ago.  Three of my friends were murdered in the process.  That's why I don't want to put this burden on my granddaughter and her friends." Fiora gave a short sigh.  "Anyway, the spirit said she transferred her magic to the chosen ones." She gave Pierre a piercing, suspicious look.  "Pierre, you know what day that was.  What did the Moonix Girls do that day?"