Nervous

With quick steps, Fiora ran through the entrance hall of her large house and into the cozy living room, which she actually only saw from the inside at family celebrations. There the man she once loved sat in his chair and read a thesis of one of his students.

"Have you heard anything from our grandchildren?" Fiora asked bluntly.

Her husband Favio slowly laid the thesis on the table and looked at the woman he still loved, even though he knew it wasn't mutual anymore. "I wish you a good evening too, Fiora. It's rare that you come to visit me at this hour. And especially here."

"Favio, please," Fiora sighed.

"You always hear something here and there," her husband replied, pointing to the couch. "Sit down, my love." He didn't continue until she reluctantly sat down. "Lilliana was here today. She told me that she and her boyfriend are looking for a house here and the chances are good. And Iris called. Her children are fine."

"Have you heard from Florenzia?" Fiora asked impatiently.

The old professor raised his hands as if he were speaking to one of his students. "Of course I asked Lilliana about her sisters. As you may remember, they both have a sister named Rose."

"Favio!" Fiora hissed. "I'm talking about something important right now. I haven't forgotten Rosetta."

"Good," Favio replied. "Lilliana just said that Florenzia wanted to go on a trip with her friends today."

The principal of the Moon Academy jumped up and yelled, "Damn."

Her husband looked at her in amazement: "What's the matter?"

Fiora took a deep breath. "If my suspicions are confirmed, something bad."

A new week and with it a new part of the school had begun. While Florenzia was attending the light magic part and Alyson was attending the dark magic part, Michella and Trisha were at the helpers' house with the unpleasant Professor Kenoo, who was conducting classes on magical animals. It was said of him that he trusted his animals more than his students.

He was an elf who came from a planet long since destroyed by poisons. You could tell by the greenish skin, which still showed scars. Lilliana had told the Moonix Girls when she was still a student at Moon Academy.

After a short tour, the students ended up back in the departmental library. This time Trisha and Michella split up because the latter wanted to look around the library and the former wanted her brother to show her the water tiger.

Looking around, Michella spotted Miss Magna. She also remarked: "One always finds you in libraries too, doesn't it, time girl?"

Michella nodded, "I have a thirst for knowledge that is difficult to quench."

"See what holds the earth together in its innermost elements," Miss Magna replied, smiling at Michella's questioning look. "I'm sorry. I've been reading Authors of Earth for a while. Have you read the book I suggested to you?"

Michella nodded. "But I haven't gotten that far yet. Somehow I didn't know how to continue looking."

Miss Magna considered briefly, "What is the essence of your powers? The real core? Principal Fiora wanted her student to think about the question. Maybe that will help you further."

With that the teacher went and Michella thought about it. The real core? Time brings the truth to light. Again she thought of the old man's sentence. For some reason, she believed there was more to the man's statement. He had mistook her for someone. With someone who radiated the same aura. Someone who had said that hackneyed phrase to an old man. With the latter opinion, Michella tried to refocus on the here and now, but she couldn't deny that there was something that had caught her attention.