The wrong track

On Lilliana's advice, Michella stayed away from her friend's house for a while.  She had looked around her home instead.  She had been in her parents' bedroom, where the things that had been with her when Mela and Killian had found her somewhere in the woods still lay in a drawer.

 "Time will tell the truth."

 Michella wasn't sure if she had just said that or if the old man's line had just come to her mind.  He was in prison after the black market case.  Michella could have asked her parents or Pierre to talk to him, but she was almost too sure he couldn't give her a proper answer.  What kind of answer anyway?  What did she want to ask?  Who told him that simple saying?  Or whose magical energy was so close to hers?

 Michella had put the things back almost angrily.  Angry at herself. What did she want?  She'd never been interested in her birth parents, and just because there was a little chance of finding out, she did care?

 Now Michella was standing in front of her friend's house again, with whom she stayed.  The sun was long gone.  The time fairy was still angry and tried to calm down.

 Then Pierre stepped outside.  He looked at her in surprise and then said, "I was just going to look for you because we haven't heard from you.  Let's sit down in the garden for a moment.  You look like you're trying to choke down your problems."

 Michella shook her head.  "Do not worry.  You've got other problems right now."

 Pierre sighed and told her to follow.  As an aside, the redhead asked, "How's Florenzia?"

 "Not very well," replied Pierre.  "Her doctor was there." 

While Florenzia never spoke about her illness, there were a few things the Moonix girls could tell about her friend's condition.  Her mother Gabriele was a healer.  The best on Linphea, they said.  It was rumored that she might also be the best in the entire magical dimension.  She could usually heal her children herself.  But she couldn't do anything.  When Florenzia's doctor came, the Moonix Girls knew that her illness had gotten worse again.  In a few days Florenzia would pretend everything was normal again, but her friends knew it wasn't true.

 "She'll take it like she always does," said Pierre now and forced a smile that didn't work.  "But we shouldn't talk about it either.  She doesn't want that.  She wants to be treated normally." Michella nodded and the wizard asked, "What about you?  What's on your mind?"

 Michella kneaded her hands.  "I don't know what I want anymore.  I've always been totally indifferent to my producers.  I was abandoned in the forest.  And yet... ever since I met someone on Maledettonis who mistook my energy for someone else's, I've been totally upset.  Florenzia says I probably wanted to reassure myself by saying that I don't care about my producers because I'm scared of finding the truth."

 Pierre reflected: "She doesn't seem to be entirely wrong."

 "I dont know."

 "What did you feel when this person mistook you for someone else?" asked Pierre.

 Michella shrugged, "Confusion.  And a little curiosity when the merchant spoke of a good man speaking to him."

 Pierre asked further: "Have there been moments since then when curiosity has outweighed dislike?"

 Michella thought about it, but the magician forestalled her.  "You don't immediately deny it.  You think.  Then you seem to care more than you want to admit.  And it's okay.  The decision to want to know something about your biological parents can only be made by you, but you can also withdraw it at any time.  And you're not a bad person just because you change your mind.  Every being changes something in the world and something with themselves with every decision they make."