Exchange?

Warning: Violence

-----------------------

Even before Iris woke up, she knew she was in grave danger. She felt magic immobilising her. When she opened her eyes, she saw a whirl of light surrounding her and heard voices. She floated like that for a few minutes, trying to remember what had happened, but fear paralyzed her thoughts. She remembered the fight with Argon when she heard his voice.

"Mistress, the fairy is awake."

'Mistress?', she thought to herself in panic - Pierre had informed her in detail about his mission - before the magic vortex around her dissolved and she fell to the ground.

Iris no longer felt immobilised but was still limited as her feet were tied together as was her hands.

She sat up quickly and looked around in panic until she saw the shadowy figure of the Mistress of Darkness.

"Long time no see, little Iris," said the mistress on her throne.

The scientist snorted. "I am not as small and weak as I was then a long time ago."

"Of course not," said the Mistress of Darkness, amused. "Come, show me what shall destroy me. Show me the moon."

"Why should I?" Iris asked, hissing.

The Mistress rose and took Iris' chin with her shadowy hand. "Because I want to rip your wings off. If Moonix wants to destroy me, I will destroy it first." She looked up. "Argon, make her transform."

The wizard pulled Iris to her feet and cast a spell to force the transformation. Iris was in pain. She had been too weak to transform again. But it was no comparison to the pain that was to follow.

The Mistress hovered around her. Then she stopped and whispered in Iris' ear: "Do you know how your husband died? I showed him what I'm going to do with you and your children when I get my hands on you. I got him with the idea like that tortured for a long time until he no longer realized what was happening to his body. He was like a doll to me." Iris felt tears in her eyes. Then she suddenly felt the shadowy hands on her wings.

The Mistress's voice grew louder. An amused hiss. "A doll like you!"

Iris fell back to the ground, half fainting, half screaming. Her wings fell to the ground beside her and crumbled into fairy dust.

"How strong and great you have become in the last 25 years," said the Mistress, laughing, and turned back to her most faithful servant: "Argon, take away her powers."

The magician squatted down to the fairy and reached out his hand to her.

"No," Iris whimpered, holding her still-bond hands and arms in front of her torso.

Argon grinned and reached between the arms until he was where Iris' heart lay. "The only way to steal the powers of any magical being is to reach the heart. Remember that, my young students." He spoke the magic formula and Iris felt as if her body had become heavy with lead.

Argon stood with the magic in his hands. "What do we do with it?" he asked, turning to the Mistress. "It would be a shame to let this powerful magic go to waste."

The Mistress replied, "Fairies need the Enchantix to evolve, don't they, Bianca?"

She looked at her in surprise. "That's correct."

"With Enchantix you have to save someone," said the Mistress, "but if you steal something from someone as important as your life, as a fairy you get a similar transformation. The Disenchantix. Do you want that magic?"