A pure, strong, beautiful diamond

Alyson paced quickly in a drawing room. She was locked in that room alone in the royal castle of Polaris. Her parents and her friends had been locked away somewhere else. And all because Alyson had transformed! She blamed herself even though she knew she might have saved Princess Mariella. Alyson stopped for a moment, wondering why the princess and Bianca hated each other, and then she became aware of her own situation again.

She heard the door unlock and the Polaris royal couple entered along with Princess Mariella.

Alyson bowed awkwardly but didn't know what to say.

"We're glad to have you here, Diamond Fairy," the king said almost solemnly. Alyson saw his severity. Whatever followed, their mission was not only in danger, it was almost a failure. If at least Florenzia had replied to one of her messages.

"My name is Alyson, Your Highness," she said now. "It's weird just being called Diamond all the time."

"Of course," said the king. "First we want to thank you for saving our daughter."

Alyson nodded. "It's not worth mentioning. I did what I could."

"You have shown us your strength and purity with this," said the queen in a stern tone. Alyson wanted to sigh but didn't. These people only saw the diamond in her.

The king spoke again: "We have no doubts about beauty either. Therefore we will send you to the Goddess of Polaris."

Alyson nodded again. Good. After all, that was the plan. Still, she didn't want to miss the chance right now. "I will do that, but I want to ask that my parents and friends be freed."

"I don't think you're in a position to ask for anything right now, young lady," the queen suddenly hissed. Somehow Alyson had been prepared for it.

The king raised his hands soothingly. "Serious accusations are made against you and your companions. But my daughter said that you wanted to enlighten us."

"Yes," Alyson said quickly, about to start talking, but the king cut her off in a harsher tone, "Hush! If you are successful, we will listen to your explanation. Until then, your companions will remain in our high-security center. Should you fail like so many diamonds before you, you will be locked together in the icy catacombs."

Now Alyson didn't dare to say another word.

"I see we understand each other," said the queen, and turned to go. "This afternoon you will be escorted to the goddess. Rest until then."

With that they left the room. Alyson dropped onto a couch and put her head in her hands.

Finally her cell phone rang.

"Flo?!"

"Sorry I'm only getting back to you now," Florenzia said hurriedly. "Where are you now? What exactly happened?"

It occurred to Alyson that her friend might be in danger. "You must be careful. Bianca, Hagazusa and Alejandro are here on this planet. They attacked and yes I transformed and showed my powers. We were arrested and I was taken to the castle. I'm supposed to be escorted to Polaris Goddess today."

"Do you know where the others are?" asked Florenzia.

"The king said something about high security center," Alyson murmured desperately.

"Okay, listen," Florenzia sounded a little calmer now. "Everything will be fine. I am in contact with my father. I'll tell him where to find the others and he and Michella's parents will get them out. Promised. As for you, focus on yourself now. Complete your mission. Alisha and I will join you as soon as we can. You're not alone."