Backlash

"We must ask all visitors of the planetary library to leave the library for today. Please visit us again soon."

"So late already?" asked Michella.

Chris sighed. "We haven't tried to find a place to stay yet."

"Typical for us."

Michella sighed too and picked up all the books she found about Polaris Legends. The planet had many legends, but not much could be found about just the most well-known and ubiquitous. Slowly the time fairy believed that this was on purpose.

As she put the books away, she tried to listen to herself. She was quite sure that there was something in this library that could help her. And indeed. She felt something. Following her intuition, she arrived at a shelf containing the various languages ​​and scripts of the Magical Dimension.

"What else do you want here?" Chris asked in surprise.

Michella didn't listen but walked off book by book. Hidden between two thick books was a notebook that explained an ancient and rare script used by an ancient dark cult.

"What have you got there?" asked the fairy of the winter roses.

The redhead looked up. "Some time ago I found an old book that I'm hoping to get some answers from. It was written in a foreign script by one of the ancient witches. I'm pretty sure it's this one."

"Do you need a duplication spell?" Chris asked.

"Is this allowed?"

"So much like copying that thing with a printer," Chris took the book and pointed to a sticker on the back certifying that the book could be copied. She cast the spell and Michella held a version of her own. A staff member then asked them to leave.

"So...", Michella murmured and looked into the evening sky, "We search for a place to eat and then see if there is an inn with a free room?"

Chris nodded and yawned loudly.

Neither of them noticed that three very well-known people were standing in the background.

"It was clear that the two forgot the time while reading," Mela murmured and shook her head.

"Do you think our little one needs help?" Killian asked.

Pierre turned around: "Can you two stay on task? Your daughter is old enough and there are always places to sleep, eat and be entertained in the big city."

"That's right," said Mela, teasing, "our daughter isn't somewhere in the middle of nowhere in the icy wilderness."

"Not helpful."

Killian pointed to a woman: "There, they lock. Come on."

Pierre sprinted to the entrance. "Excuse me..."

"We're closing," the woman said harshly, but before she knew it, Pierre flashed his hand in front of her face, mesmerizing her. "Oh, they're inspectors. Come in."

"Creepy," Mela murmured and ran after him with her husband.

When the three had gone through the door, Pierre told the poor woman to take her to the secret archive.

"What do we do when other employees come?" asked Mela. "You can't hypnotize everyone. And what about the cameras?"

"Then we just have to fight," said Pierre. "You heard what the informant said. In this mission, we will not get far with fair means."

"Sad but true," Killian murmured.

The woman led her into an elevator and typed in a certain key combination. Then it went down a few floors. When the elevator opened, the three agents saw bookshelves several meters high.