Chapter: 5

His face morphed into that of confusion.

"Why not?" You're all the qualities my mum could asked for - intelligent, friendly, easy-going - and way different than those girls at our school". I nodded.

He nodded back, does he really think that I am like that. "And really cute" he stated bluntly eating the leftover chicken leg. I blushed from his compliments, but quickly regained my composure. "I - I - I'm not c - cute. Stop lying!"

He stood up and chuckled dryly before replying.

"You should stop degrading yourself like this, I mean your eyes are very pretty, it's a shame it is hide with your glasses. The freckles which lightly covered your cheeks are cute as well, you look like a Lily flower".

I bit hardly on my lips, stopping myself to not choke on the air. How could he say these things with a straight face. The blush that starts to die down are revealing itself again. No wonder everyone likes him, he is really good with his words.

"You should be flattered by this Jimin, not everyone get this much compliments from me". I rolled my eyes hard at him.

"Hm, by the way make sure you get dress early around 6 or so. We are going somewhere next Saturday". He chuckled.

I then raised my eyebrows quizzically. "Meaning".

"You are going to meet my mom for the first time, obviously she has to know I got a boyfriend", he said briefly. My mind went blank for a while and I spoke before I could think.

"W - W - What!? Why didn't you say so before!?" He didn't say anything about this. "Besides I'm not so good with people, especially ones that I didn't met before so - so my first impression is always the worst......No~ Jungkook you jerk!" I explained and he burst into laughter.

"You'll be fine, and you've got the whole week to be prepared.... Jimin, thank you" he whispered, but he said nothing else knowing exactly what he meant.

"You're welcome", I replied just as gently; a small smile playing on my lips.

....................................................

I had woken up in the morning with a smile on my face, happily chirping good morning to everyone. I didn't know why I was happy. Neither did anyone else. I was just, I've never felt this good in a long time. I couldn't stop smiling.

It may have been the fact that I had spoke to someone in what seemed like a century, so I didn't feel as much as a social pariah. Most likely, was the fact that I wasn't the only one who faced hardships and I was - although saddened - glad to find out that even the 'popular' had problems too.

Though that smile was soon wiped off after....

I had decided to get some fresh air and eat breakfast in a café I had been working at.

'Bad decision'.

When I walked in, the smell of roasted coffee beans hit my nose, making me salivate. I was starving. I skipped over to a seat and scanned the menu. Choosing what I wanted, I told the waiter my order. I patiently waited, tapping my fingers on the table to occupy myself whilst looking around the café, soon my eyes stopped immediately on the one thing that ruined my seemingly good mood.

Why did I had to look? Why did my eyes choose to go over there?

"You can keep looking, I know you're jealous of me, but it won't change how disgusting and ugly you are". A voice sneered from behind me, following with sniggers of laughter from her tails of friends. I click my tongue and drift my head to the side, coming face to face with the girl I totally despised. Kim-Soyeon - of course referred to as the girl who bullied me as soon as she was capable of forming a full sentence. I hated her, she thinks she is so perfect, hiding behind those plastic. She's so fake, but I couldn't deny the fact that I wanted to be like her. She flipped her long black hair daintily with her hands, snickering into my face in her pink flats. I can't believe I once called her my friend, I must've been blind then, and now I'm thankful my Gran Gran got me the best pair of glasses, one that sight out bitches like her.

"Look at how pathetic you are, it's so laughable".

"His fashion is the ugliest shit on earth, he dress like a homeless person".

"Heard he lives in a sardine tin".

"Ew~" they laugh at me. When I ignored them, she let them began to insult me more, she always did when I didn't produce the expected reactions she wanted. I pay her no attention, I'm not going to satisfy anyone of them, letting me be seen as weak and vulnerable to their taunts. Instead I gave my attention to the waitress who handed me my coffee, boldly drinking while they be ignored. I thought she would leave, but it's Soyeon, she will never leave without destroying a person's pride. Suddenly she reached out hitting the cup of coffee from my hand. Putting on her victory smile as she watched the hot liquid splattered over the table. Satisfied to have left her mark she walked away, her shoes making a tottering sound as she left.

The customers turned away from me. They were bored. Entertainment had left, but I was grateful that the attention had been taken off of me. I went down to clean the table using the napkins, as I stepped back a few times from my seat, just to feel my back hitting something very broad. Normally like myself, I bowed to apologize, looking up to have my screwed face be replace with a smile.

Stood right there was Jungkook, staring pointy at me with his friends. He moved in closer and I instinctively took a step back. He tensed at this too, I noticed, but I couldn't stop my innate reflexes. I started to feel nervous again, so I looked away from his piercing eyes, mostly to not anger him from my natural response. He moved in closer knowing I was trapped between him, his hands leaned on each side of the table; caging me in.

"I saw that.... Are you okay, Jimin?" He said and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. What is this situation, infront of his friends!?

"Jungkook.... You are too close, and.... People will get the wrong idea", I whispered, his eyebrows furrowed. "What?" He snickered. "Aren't you mine. Aren't you my man" he said louder, and I was shocked, I look behind his friends but they all wore sullen expressions, did they already know.

He rolled his eyes and break apart from me. All his annoyance dissipated from his face, replaced with idle amusement. "Lets go, I'll take you to school" he winked. Although this is quite unusual, being asked to 'go somewhere with someone', but though unusual I couldn't help but feel happy, though 'someone else' didn't feel the same.