Chapter: 7

I have a question, nothing hard to answer, just a simple yes or no...Have you ever feel like you're being tortured by your own wish to survive in life? If your answer is yes, then just know struggling is how we grow. Yet it is a salt in a dish. We need the perfect amount for our own personal taste.

Currently, this is what I am facing right now, the struggles of life. I feel like I am being trapped in a cage; in which there is no mathematical solution in how to escape. He sighed, jutting his bottom lips out, redirecting his air-flow to his short bangs and for that brief moment his brown hair fanned upwards before resettling just over his eyes. He glared at the cashier, being the cashier man for the day is like facing my on nightmare in physical form. I could always quit, but life doesn't work like that, I needed the money so I have to suck it up, do my job and face forward, after all money doesn't just fall from a tree. To the poor money is how we survive.

"White tea and blue berry pie, thank you", the woman smiled, I smiled back a bit force but not exaggerated enough for her to notice, she seems a bit around 29-35 years old.

"That'll be 19 dollars and 63 cents", I said, staring at her as she grabbed her purse for the money; she pay, bow and then leave. And I found that quite unusual, ever since I was working at the cashier, I have never seen a customer bowed to me before, neither kind enough to say a 'thank you'. I guess as people grow they forget their manners, and maybe most developed a sense of pride, and a bit too much pride. 'I don't know you, so there is no need to be polite to please you' is what most people nowadays would think. However, to force you to please another person, personally from my point of view, is quite pretentious. But this world revolved around hypocrisy and pretends feigned laughs and heartless handshakes, without any intention of showing trust and interpersonal warmth. Instead, they either mocked the status in which you lie and throw bitterness in your face for the things they don't own. And it is your job to adapt to it.

I know because I am one of those people, I carried on with my life, living off of pretends. When I feel sad, I am happy; when I am happy I am sad. It's just how it works, doing it for so long it then becomes normalized and a part of you, 'the dark side of you'.

"Keep up the good work Mr. Park!" My sunbae incite, patting me in the back.

................................................

Sleepy, his head lolls the muscles of his face relax, releasing the tension of his day. He snapped his neck, easing the stiffness in his joints.

There are days the tiredness comes in both forms, physical and mental. My body needs to rest yet my mind needs it to move, to burn the anxiety right out. Breathing with such steadiness, I went into the changing room, switching into my former clothing's before I wish my sunbaenims a farewell. I grab my school bag, fix my glasses, with my sole moving upon such solid ground, I make a bold progress towards the door; closing it behind me.

"Jimin" feet's dawdling after him, stopping for a while in order to take in a bit of air, chest rising and falling continuously, as she grips tightly at the scandal bag in her hands. She takes a large exhale, and looks up at him; her smile big and bright. "Here", she pushes forward.

"What's this?" He asked, staring into the bag before a gasp left his lips, "Nuna I couldn't" Jimin beckoned.

Sigh, "Come on, for a youngster such as yourself you work so hard without any complains, even more so than everyone here, you deserve it".

"Thank you, Nuna", I smile, "but wouldn't the manager say something about this". She groans "That frilly old man, don't worry about it...If he doesn't notice nothing will happen, just take it Jimin, and it's a gift from me to you". She gives a few pats on his shoulder, ruffling his hair a little, "now go home and get some sleep, you must be tired".

"Thank you Nuna, I will", Jimin smiles, staring fondly at the foods. Watching the woman as she slowly leaves his sight. "Nuna is so kind" he smiles.

Feeling a little contented, I gave one last look towards the building before brisk fully, I walked away, too happy staring at the free foods inside the bags I didn't notice the figure in front of me, and accidentally we collided dropping everything from my hands.

"Aish!" Jimin shouts, "Are you senseless? Look where you're going", he blow as he falls to the ground, quickly picking up his late night dinner, it's been so long since he has ate good food beside the pack of ramen noodles in his little cupboard. "This is crazy, my food~ I can't believe this ", he starts to bickered softly, mumbling through the fabric scarf around his neck.

"Are you blaming me for your mistakes? You were the one who was not paying attention to your surroundings, what a selfish boy", he pause; the familiarity to that voice was too hard to miss, too deep that it is so very easy to fall in love with, that auditory caramel. He look at the figure, eyeing him from bottom-up, loosing himself at the enchanting deep green eyes, complimenting his fair skin.

The male shivers rubbing his arms together to give some warm. "Aigoo, after I spend so long waiting on you in this cold weather, how are you going to compensate me, little Chihuahua?" He breathes.

"Jung-kook", he sounded inattentively, still too lost to react any different... "Are you just going to stand there, I am freezing? Argh why is the weather so awful today? Even beings like me can't stand such a low temperature".

"Jungkook why are you here anyway?"

"Asking me in such a way might break my heart, I'm going home with you", I shot him a look. What did I heard just now?

"Huh? Are you crazy? Going home with me, since when were you invited to my house?"

"Chihuahua, stop being so cold...I stand out here waiting for you for so long, I even brought you a ride. I'm your boyfriend, shouldn't you be a little more happy that I am spending time with you, you are so not good at this...look a little sincere hm" he laughs, I frown. "Correction fake boyfriend, why would I be happy anyway I didn't invite you, and besides this was all for pretends".

"A virgin wouldn't understand".

"What?" He smirk, "come on, smile and say your happy to see me", he pinch his cheeks, forcing the ends of his mouth to curve up slightly; his little actions was to make him smile, but instead forms a funny face, and he burst out laughing.

Jimin sighed; he was getting battier by the minute. He frowns at the boy and then pushes him away, though he was a bit happy to see the boy, his little tricks and toying does can be a bit annoying sometimes. "Jungkook-"

"Won't you smile for me little Chihuahua", he said and raised his thick black eyebrows, his face a little too much close, his voice a little too mesmerizing. Almost like my personal catnip, their vibrations matching those of my soul. I know knew...I blush a little, but already my head was slumped to the ground.

"Hm, okay let's go!" he cheered, his hands brushing through my hair, tucking my scarf so gently around me, before he held my hands and carry my away to wherever he had set his journey to. I know now if he keeps being so considerate, providing me with emotional warmth, with the need to care for me and listen to my soul deeply. I will begin to fall for him, no, I already did I just didn't realize until now. And for some reason, I'm scared. Falling in love with him, was supposed to be just an act, a pretense to fool his mother, but now my feelings for him was beginning to become real. Sigh, I must be the crazy one instead. He was getting the best of me, and yet I just let him, surrendering to his little playfulness which seems more like me, admitting to myself that it had happened so easy; slowly falling in love with him.