Chapter: 22 (Part Four)

NOTICE: Hey guys how are you guys doing? I hope you are healthy, and thank you for reading my book. Since school have started, I may have to update this book slower than usual but I will try my best to update at least twice a week. Thank you again for reading this book, I really appreciate it. Here is my love 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜the attack of purple hearts! 😊Okay that was cringy as hell😐But I guess you'll understand that I love you guys😏 anyways I'll leave to read this book bye!🤗.

..................................

Time: 5:30 pm in evening.

With the setting sun came a sky of fire, the orange of every wintry hearth. It was the battle cry to the gathering night, which the only achievement of darkness is to show starlight all the more clearly.

Just the sight of the view was enough to release the breath Jungkook didn't even know he was holding. With the sigh his shoulders relaxed and his face lit up at his friend, dangling the bracelet, the energetic smile flickered across his face like a hologram.

My senses widen. My skin tingles; I breathe deeper, smelling more air, my lungs expand as if on automatic refill, the scent filled with my favorite spice but somehow sweet, there was a sharpness to it that brings heaven to the thoughts. There was a real sense of home in its aroma, a smell of cinnamon in its combination with nutty fragrance note and a hint of slightly dewy freshness, the smell of almond.

He blinked as he cast a skeptical eye at the other, almost as if his mind was gathering all the information at once, a moment to understand the situation at hand. Jimin, a bit take back at his alertness, saw Jungkook's eyes open wide in surprise and recognition.

"Are you okay?" He sat up, facing me with a frown, and studied him with a predator's unwavering attention. "Jungkook you are acting strange?"

His breath came out shakily, "do you smell something?" he blatantly asked, and his frowns deepen staring me up and down. "What no, are you suggesting that I smell?" I gave him an incredulous look, is he doing this to get to me?

"No it's not that, don't get me wrong-"Jungkook opposed, rubbing his eyes, and blinked a couple of times. The strange mark that appears was enough to put Jungkook in a state of shock, looking right at me but not really.

"Jungkook?"

He released a nervous chuckled, "Jimin, I think we should leave early".

"Huh?" I folded my arms.

"And why is that? You've been acting very strange and it's scaring me, and now you are ready to leave. What is wrong?" I asked curiously.

"I'll explain on the way", I scoffed, not in the mood to argue with him, it was my birthday today, I thought-the car revved off at the speed of light. Well, though it might not be so dramatic, but I am upmost certain it was nearing or over the speed limit. I turned to Jungkook, putting on my seatbelt in fear that I might get thrown through the front window if he made a haste break.

"Where are we going?"

"...My house".

"..."

........................

I sat in the Jeon family living room, trying to keep my best poker face while the Jeon family son, Jeon Jungkook was nowhere to be found. Namely to say, he was talking with his mother in another room, mumbling things that my ears could not pick up. It's not that I was 'curious', I was 'excessively curious' to know what they are being secretive about, and being dragged here so randomly off the bat, you cannot blame me for being so.