Chapter: 12

Time: 4:30 pm in the afternoon

I felt it, the stare which digs and burnt whole into my back. It has been like that since; I sat talking to his mother...The beautiful mistress who was surprisingly fifty one but should be in her twenties. With baby butt cheeks and big round eyes, no wrinkles but the most enchanting green eyes. She was destined to live in a manghwa, she doesn't belong here. I let out a tense laugh when she makes a joke. She seems really nice, I thought she would be that picky rich parent who was both hard and protective of their child, and pretentiously kind towards the step-daughter but in secret hated her every existence. However, she turns out to be a loving and humble maiden, all the quality I would expect from a normal parent.

"He did tell me he had a lover, but I didn't know he would be this cute', she remarked, she smile so beautifully her doe eyes forming a cute wrinkle. Her voice was like the ocean on a calm day, elegantly rippling under the gleaming sun. The perfect accentuation you will enjoy hearing.

"I always wondered where Jungkook get such wonderful eyes; I'm not surprise it was from such a lovely mother".

"Oh stop it, you are too kind".

She perked up again, continuing with her embarrassing compliments and I was inclined to hear them all. "I would've thought Jungkook would bring home some snotty hotty, however, I love you even more Jimin. I am so proud that my son has such wonderful taste in men. I also heard that you consistently came first in your school each year?"

"Yes mam, that is correct", she smiles, "call me Ji-ae son, no need to be formal with me. We are all family here aren't we", I heard her musical laughs, ignoring the audible groans from the male behind me. Sigh, if he was this bored. Why doesn't he just go away? He just kept staring at me, a curious look on his face as if he was judging every move I made. It makes me sour into myself slightly, but I still kept my honest smile that she failed to notice was fake.

"Jungkook my dear, please be a gentleman and go get some glass of water", I brighten at that, and grinning at him. "Yes Jungkook, get your lovely boyfriend some glass of water", he scoffed; enjoying the little power I have over him, as I watched him walked away.

"So Jimin, where were we?"

..........................................

An hour after, approximately 5:10pm

I looked around wondrously in amazed at this room; it was bigger no a lot bigger than my house. Just the thought of that was bizarre. I mean coming from a conglomerate family who owns the Samsung Company, something like this wouldn't be so surprising.

The conversation with Ji-ae had ended minutes ago, at first I was intimidated by her appearance, but the more I get to know her, the better it was for her to be around. Despite the fact that I almost get scouted to work for her, she's really down to earth, nice and very funny.

The things that she knew about was also shocking: I lived alone and also that I have a relative, my gran gran. I thought this family secretly did a weird background check on me, but it turns out that Jungkook talked about me quite a lot to his mother. And to be honest, I won't say that makes me happy even though it did.

I was a bit sad that she left so early, since I was getting quite used to her company. But it can't be helped when it's a call from her agency, which was in an urgent need for her attendance. She was reluctant to go, that was, until Jungkook decided to stepped in and force her to leave. It was humorous watching them as they babbled to each other. And at that moment, I thought Ji-ae noona was just like a five year old trapped in an elder's body.

"Hey little Chihuahua", and then he arrived with a tray in his hands. A smirk formed on my face when he handed me a plate of chocolate cake, and hot peppermint tea.

"What?" he asked the puzzlement in his voice as he watched me. "Why are you starting to become like this, all responsible, a bit caring and if I might push it a gentleman", I laugh and he rolled his eyes, placing the tray on the small table beside him.

"My mom told me to treat you like a special guest before she left, it's not like I wanted to do it so you can mocked me for my entire life".

"Aw, I am not that evil, just make it a month or two", Jungkook scrunched his nose at this, and a troublesome smirk make an appearance on my face.

"Who would've thought Jungkook, 'the golden prince', at our school? The bad boy, the one that captures the girls heart, the icy cold man with a dazzling beauty, the man who wore his confidence like his second skin...Could unfortunately be reduce to a puppy when is in front of his mother...Now that there can be the drama of the day", I gasp "maybe you can get more fan girls if the school heard this?!"

His eyes focused on me for a while, as he shake his head at the laughs I howl ungracefully before sipping my tea, "you're ridiculous and annoying as well", he spat.

"Aw, thank you so much", he chuckled.

"...Are there really so many embarrassing titles like that about me, which cannot be true?" I looked at him and nodded, "I mean being so popular and mysterious, of course there would be such titles for you. What? Are you sad that I didn't create them?"

"I'm glad, if so then my respect for you will immediately reach negative hundred", "Ouch". He smiled at me, which I shared.

.............................

Shortly, the sounds of knocking on the door came thrice, strong and loud, streeling us from our conversation, before I heard it pulled open.

"Kook Kook..."

Kook, Kook? I fight the urge to laugh, cupping my mouth and he looked at me hard, only to challenge how brave I was to do it. I swallowed, coughing a bit to let the desperation disappear.

"What do you want Lisa?" He went towards her, and I observed them both as they talk. It's not like I wanted to know who that girl was, I definitely do not feel that inferior, towards such a beautiful girl, with the most charming green eyes and smile. Sigh, 'I hate feeling so pathetic', I mused, noshing a slice of my cake.