Chapter: 11

Time: 9:00am in the morning

The howling of the wind brought my eyes to open. Where was I? Focusing in the dark of night, confusion washed over me as I came to realize I was in a forest. Distant landscapes of dry and worn rock surrounded me, and beneath my bare feet I felt the gritty dirt caught between my toes. The trees in the dark forest were nicotine-brown; the musty air was difficult to breathe. The forest was old and otherworldly. Oxblood-red toadstools littered the ground. Poisonous cowbane grew next to them. An acrid odour hung off everything. It was a teeth-gritting experience. I bit my tongue with nervousness and the metallic taste of blood filled my mouth.

I stood from the ground; the area was cold and dark...Too scary for me to be here. Though it was still silent like the pre-dawn always is, in that darkness devoid of birdsong lays the croaking sounds of ravens, and there came a musky scent tinctured with rancid breath.

The sound of growls and gnawing's filled the forest, I frantically search for the source- to my left, to my right...But the source of it was mostly coming from behind...I anxiously turn around, and what I saw was horrorful.

It was like a dog but humanoid. "Werewolf – there's nothing else it can be. Real wolves don't move like that, don't grow that damn big."

My body was glued to the ground, I can't move, even if I wanted to...I just watch, frightfully, silently as it gobbled supposedly a rotten dead dear and grinding on its bones. I frown at the smell of it, the scent that I previously smell before came like a full wave from that area, a pungent tang oozed from every sentient being in the forest.

And before long, it stops...Then turned to me; I flinched at the sight of it. The air brushed through its short fur, as condensation escaped its cringed snout. Blood coated its tongue as it brushed against sharp, ivory canines; the occasional drop hitting the ground.

It growled at me, and I instantly step back. Its ears were pulled forward and its lips tucked up. Four black paws stood firm to the earth's soil, the beast lowered its head while its ember eyes watched every motion I made. Although its head was lowered it kept its nose tilted up to smell. Deep rumbles came from its throat when I tried moving, as if it's trying to warn me not to. The wolf stepped forward slowly; and I gulped once more.

When it was "finger-touch" closer to me, I shut my eyes closed...I was too scared, I wanted to run away. It nuzzled into my hands, and a deep purred escaped from it. My eyes open wide, gaping at the sight before me, and suddenly it wasn't scary.

It looked up at me again and howled its soft eyes which held calmness turns to pain. Bewailing sounds ghosted through the trees.

Faded out

In front of me was a building; with the sound of explosions came terrible echoes and anguish cries of people. The fire glowed in the night, the smell of smoke and burnt skins fill the air.

"What's happening", soon the wolf that I previously saw appears before me...But this time it was. Crying? It stares at me with both pain and anger, and for some reasons I start to burst into tears as well.

Jimin...

There was an odd familiar voice, a voice that has the power to sweep me up into a snuggle-hug. And soon the wolf was a woman, long raven hair and snowy white skin. And her smile, was the prettiest I have seen...It disappears into crescents

I love you, Jimin

And she burns, along with the fire...

..............................