Headcanons!

the hierarchy of gods, in order:

King Multiverse

Alpha, 404

Ink, Error, Fatal

Dream, Nightmare, Reaper, etc

so basically, there are different levels of god. King Multi is at the top, and directly beneath him are Alpha(Creation) and 404(Destruction). The next level is Error, Ink, and Fatal, though Fatal doesn't exactly have a purpose. He's more like a god-in-training. I dunno what he does yet. There's also the minor gods, they're at the bottom of the pyramid. The minor gods are Dream, Nightmare, Reaper, Life, etc. They don't do much other than regulate the power levels and such. (Death and Life are subforms of creation and destruction, same thing for Negativity and Positivity. The balance called for these things, and because it did, Nightmare, Dream, Life, and Reaper all exist.)

Anyway, My thought is that King Multi rules over the Omniverse(a multiverse contains thousands of alternate universes, and an omniverse contains thousands of different multiverses. there's no higher level) Alpha is the God of Creation, like Ink, but on a way higher level. Ink creates AUs, and Alpha creates Multiverses. Same for 404 and Error. 404 destroys Multiverses, and Error destroys AUs.

there's also stuff like different levels of immortality and lv limits and whatnot, but I'm not getting into that because it's a whole new book on its own.

now for minor headcanons!

-dream turned to stone because of the major imbalance that the apple incident caused. it was basically his body's way of dying in response to it. once everything leveled out(to a degree), dream broke free.

-dream's bow came from his mother's stump

-dream has a photo(from ink) of him and nightmare when they were younger

-the reason his crown and his cape have lasted so long(500-800 yrs) is because when he was younger, him and nightmare used their magic to put wards on them to protect them from time and elements. nightmare's crown has wards on it too, so the corruption goop on him can't touch it or stain it.

-since they were kids then they put wards on the crowns and cape, their magic was at its purest and its strongest(in a way) so their more matured magic can't do anything to the crowns/cape.

-they were 6 when the villagers showed up, they were 16 when they started to drift apart, and the apple incident happened when they were 20.(i can't remember if this is canon to the story, or if it's just a headcanon lmfao)

-ink's blush changes colors with his eyes. (ex. blue eye and pink eye= blue and pink blush gradient)

-ink's brush is made of slivers of metal and other materials, and that's why it's so heavy. but, because all of those materials are pressed together so tightly, they give off a wooden look.

-there was a time when ink called his brush "inky" but it made too much confusion so he changed the name to broomie.

-ink can hear the creators, but instead of talking to them like error does, he ignores them. he's been ignoring them for so long that he can't tell the difference between his thoughts and the voices. because of this, people call him scatterbrained. (his mind has accepted the creator's voices as his thoughts, which is why he talks to himself or does weird things that make no sense. he's trying to keep his mind in order, but he's unaware that some of those offhand thoughts aren't his thoughts at all.)

-ink's vials are bottomless. they refill on their own

-ink doesn't have to drink from the vials. he absorbs the paint from them, but sometimes he does it manually just for kicks.