Killer(Rat)

haha it be like that sometimes

all that stuff i googled was just me going down a rabbit hole, the only thing i really wanted to know was the thing about the last name lmfao

-----

Ink was someone with a good reputation. Never fighting, upstanding grades, a perfect attendance score, a clean record; the exact opposite of Killer. Ink had never started a fight, had never participated in one, and he didn't want to change that. That being said, Ink was never able to tell when a fight was brewing. Now, that may be all good and nice sometimes, because most people tend to answer that rising tension with their own ire, which meant a fight was happening. Oblivious as he was, Ink had managed to stay out of fights for the majority of his school years. Normally, his unawareness of the tension saved him. That was not the case this time.

Honestly, it was mostly Ink's fault that it happened. Ink tended to be a blunt person. He spoke his mind, consequences be damned. The moment the words left his mouth, Ink was on the floor, blindly throwing his hands around in a pitiful attempt to defend himself. Killer was on top of him, literally attempting to rip him apart, shouting profanities.

He'd never been in a fight. But Killer had been in many. He grabbed Ink's flailing hands, yanking them back with a loud crack. The scream Ink let out caught the attention of everyone in the hallway, a ring forming near instantly. No one did anything, the students content to watch Killer pummel Ink, until Killer raised both his hands, a knife flashing into them. Another scream rang out, multiple people rushing forward to grab Killer. Shouts rang, Killer's voice rising over the others, his magic roiling. "I'LL KILL YOU, YOU BASTARD-!"

"RAHAFWABAS PENALOZA!" A teacher's voice broke through the clamor, the crowd parting as a hefty gym teacher(bald, as all coaches are) pushed towards Killer. He snatched up the student, restraining him and dragging him away from Ink's pitiful form, the poor boy shaking and crying. Killer spat at him, snarling even as he was dragged away.

---

Cross sat up quickly in surprise, Nightmare having slammed his bedroom door open. His soul had jumped with fear for a moment, but his attention was quickly diverted as Nightmare thrust a phone into his hands. It was open to a phonecall screen, the timer reading two minutes. He looked up at Nightmare, even more confused. "W-wha-" Nightmare growled, "This is for you. Answer them." Before Cross could answer, Nightmare turned and stalked away. Cross blinked rapidly, staring at Nightmare's back with wide eyes. He snapped out of the haze, holding the phone up to his skull. "Hello?"

"Is this Killer's father?" Cross nodded, then bit his tongue at his idiocy. "Yes, this is he. What's the problem?" Cross could recognize the principal's voice, having heard it time and time again. Silently, he mused to himself what Killer had done this time. "You need to come to the school, today, preferably. We need to discuss some things." That... That was different from his usual tone. Cross swallowed, growing anxious. "Y-yes of course. I'll head that way now."

"Good- Hold him stil-!" The call ended, Cross just barely catching the sound of Killer's shouting. Oh no. Cross slipped off his bed, snatching a pair of socks and tugging his shoes on while simultaneously changing his shirt. Nightmare was outside the door, looking up when Cross rushed past. "Oi! Where are you going??" Cross responded in a stiff tone, "Killer's in trouble, they're calling me at the school."

Nightmare swore, shoving past Cross and blocking his path to the front door. "Now hold on, you're not supposed to be leaving, and I'm not letting you drive my car." Cross scoffed, ducking past easily, digging his phone out and leaving the house phone on the kitchen table. "I never asked for your car, I have friends." A hand on Cross's shirt kept him from moving further, Nightmare hissing at him, "You're not leaving!"