Killer Queen(s)

a kross story, featuring genderbent killer!

Flamango_55 i blame you for this

-----

Cross groaned, throwing up a wall of bones. "Dust, wait-" A blaster fired at him from the side, forcing him to leap back and put more space between himself and Dust.

The hooded skeleton lunged over the bones, stumbling as he landed before immediately firing his blaster again. Cross yelped, dropping to the floor and rolling to the side just as blue bones burst up. He wheezed, pushing himself up from the floor. "Give me a minute!" Dust paused, finally allowing Cross to take a moment.

Chest heaving, he sat down on the floor, feeling lightheaded. Dust silently offered him a bottle of water, which Cross took gratefully. Horror strolled over from where he'd been watching, patting Cross's back. "You should take off summa yer layers."

Cross grunted, the sound muffled. He downed the rest of the water, passing it off to Horror before flopping back onto the training room floor, still breathing heavily. Dust stared down at him, his eyelights brightening with concern. "Sure yer okay? Ya look a lil' winded." Cross huffed out a laugh, "M'good, jus' needa break."

"Perfect timing, Criss-Cross." Cross couldn't stop himself from perking up at the sound of Killer's voice, his exhaustion letting up enough for him to sit up and look towards to sound. Killer's grin widened, "Whaddup, boyf?" He stepped up to Cross's side, holding out his arm. Cross took his hand, gripping it tightly and allowing Killer to pull him up.

He wobbled a bit, leaning against Killer to nuzzle him. Killer snorted, pushing Cross's face away. "You're all sweaty, you idiot." Cross snickered, "I know." Dust made a gagging noise, which Horror elbowed him for. He cleared his throat, "Whatcha come fer, Killer?"

"Oh, right, Cross, boss told me that he needs your help with something. Said you'd be the best person to handle it." Cross blinked, confused. "Me??? Alright then, I guess. Could you tell him that I'll be a few minutes? I need a shower." Killer thumped his hand on Cross's back, "You sure do. I'll let the bossman know."

Cross nearly fell over as Killer teleported, though he regained his balance quickly. Rolling his eyelights, he teleported as well, landing in his bedroom.

---

"Ah, Cross, that was quick." Cross nodded, "Yeah, uh, Killer said you needed help?" Nightmare sighed in relief, some lines of tension vanishing from his form. He gave a strained grin, his voice lowering, his eye glancing around nervously. "Thank the stars you're here, this woman was driving me insane." Of all the things Cross was expecting to hear from Nightmare, this was not it. "I'm sorry, a woman??"

Nightmare nodded, his eyelight seeming feverish. "You can handle Killer, right? Surely, surely, you can handle her." Cross was so confused, shaking his head, still caught on the fact that there was a woman in the castle, and she was somehow making Nightmare lose his mind. "There's a woman in the castle??"

Nightmare opened his mouth to answer, only to let out a shout. He spun around, tendrils lashing around him. "I told you to stop that!!" Cross leaned back, startled. Curiosity got the better of him, the soldier peering over Nightmare's shoulder. His mind screeched to a halt, cold shock washing over him. "Wha- Killer??"

Killer was dangling from Nightmare's tentacles, his jacket missing. Killer wheezed as Nightmare dropped him, landing on his butt with a grimace. Cross tried not to run as he moved over to pick Killer up, only Nightmare stopped him with a tentacle. "Cross, that's not Killer." Cross once again was struck with confusion. That was clearly Killer! "Boss, have you been drinking too much coffee again?? That's Killer, just without his jacket."