Check up(Rat)

(not so old)
This takes place about a month after the previous part.

(this is the rewrite!!)

(Art is mine, I used my phone, and it took thirty minutes lmao)

----------

Killer stared at the three people seated at the table, brows raised. "So. How was everyone's day?" Dream, being the nicest of the twins, jumped at the attempt at conversation, smiling brightly. "Well, the hospital had a new patient today. A paralyzed person and their arm was broken. I had no idea how they managed to break it, being immobile and all, but apparently someone threw a frying pan too hard." Killer nodded and looked at Cross. His parent had been restless.

After his body stopped hurting, Cross spent hours pacing back and forth. He'd learned the house's layout two hours after he could walk again. Killer would spend time outside, doing who knows what, or going out with his friend group. Nightmare had been unhappy with the teen's friends. "They're delinquents!" He'd shouted at Cross when the adult tried to defend Killer's choice in company. The two seemed to hate each other. It didn't help that Nightmare's appearance would sometimes set Cross off. Killer had done his best to behave, trying to lessen the stress of everything. More often than not, though, he'd find himself threatening Nightmare with a sharp item. Ninety percent of the time, it was because of Cross's episodes. Killer would force Nightmare to leave so Cross could calm down.

Dream didn't like it, and whenever he heard shouting, he'd stay in his bedroom to avoid getting caught in the crossfire. He also spent a lot of time reprimanding Nightmare for not doing his job. Cross wasn't going to get better if Nightmare refused to aide the adult in anything. Cross just hated being there altogether. He wasn't helping anything, he was sure that his presence was ruining everything. He'd gone slightly mute, and he stopped asking for any help with anything. Killer still helped him nevertheless, but Nightmare didn't care and Dream was too busy with his own life that he didn't notice Cross's change.

They were all currently eating dinner, and the tension was heavy. Dream was oblivious, Nightmare was stuffing his face, and Cross was pushing food around with his fork. Killer had long since finished, but he didn't want to leave in case Nightmare said anything that upset Cross. As he had been nearly every night. Cross kept his gaze on his plate when he was addressed, murmuring that his day had been fine. Killer's stare softened, sad, before it hardened when Nightmare spoke. "He sat around doing nothing as always." Dream's eyelights snapped up at Nightmare, his tone scolding. "Night, that's rude!" Nightmare shrugged and took another bite, unfazed. "It's true." Cross sighed, already sensing Killer's rising ire. "It's fine." Dream smiled, humming as he looked at Cross. "I almost forgot to say, this is really good. You should cook again." Cross nodded and took a tiny bite, chewing slowly.

Nightmare scoffed, "Yeah, but it could use a little more salt." Killer glared at him, face twisting with a scowl. "You're salty enough as it is, I don't think you need any more." Dream choked on laughter, clearing his throat before it could escape. A soft golden blush had spread across his cheeks, his eyelights twinkling with delight. Nightmare glowered back at the teen, holding his stare. "Guys, calm down." Killer jolted at the rise in volume. That was the loudest Cross had spoken in the past week. It wasn't loud, but it wasn't a whisper either. Killer beamed at him, "Sure thing, pops."

--Time skip--

Cross's fingers were twisting around each other, tangling themselves and doing nothing to help with his anxiety. Nightmare was staring at him, having nothing else to do, and making the smaller uncomfortable. Cross had an appointment, and Nightmare was the one who had to take him. He didn't want to take care of Cross, but he'd accepted the job so he had to. They were both currently waiting in a hospital room for the doctor to return with a diagnosis(or something). Cross kept his eyelights glued to his lap, avoiding Nightmare's gaze and mulling over what the doctor would say. Finally, the doctor slipped into the room and looked at Nightmare, who smiled at him. (fake boi.) "What's the news?" The doctor sighed, motioning towards Cross with a frown. "It seems that he's getting worse." Cross shut his sockets at this, his SOUL giving a slight twinge as Nightmare nearly shouted. "What?!" The doctor pointed at Cross's chest, "The samples are showing high levels of emotional distress and fluctuating imbalances in SOUL stability. The damage is spreading, and it's likely to start affecting his physical and mental state."

One-shots [Reqs: 5]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें