Age?

Nightmare was sure he knew everything about his gang. He knew their past, their habits, their personalities, preferences, how their minds worked, fears, hopes, everything. And the entire group knew everything about each other(not including Nightmare) as well. Nightmare kept his life separate from theirs simply because he didn't know how to go about sharing such private things.

One thing, however, that wasn't fully known was ages. Everyone in the group knew how old Horror was, how old Dust was, and how old Nightmare and Error were. (Horror, Killer, and Dust are twenty-thirty, Nightmare is around six hundred, and since Error doesn't have a clue about his own age, he's going with the amount of time that he remembers existing. Basically, Error remembers living at least a thousand years, so he's going with that as his age. Error is a thousand years old. Complicated af. Not really. Back to the story, lol)

No one in the group knew how old Cross was. Nightmare hadn't particularly cared for a while, but despite being a lawbreaker in the multiverse, he was not one for underaged anything.

Basically, he was planning a night out, having already chosen and secured an AU for this, and it was going to be in a bar. His gang had been doing exceptionally well, and Nightmare wanted to reward them with a rare treat. Nightmare didn't usually let them get drunk, so this was indeed a rare treat. Once he was sure of everything, Nightmare had announced to the gang: "Boys, especially you, Cross, you have done well, and I have chosen to celebrate this. We are going out for drinks tonight."

This led to the present. Dust whooped and threw his arms up, grinning broadly. Horror laughed at him, and Killer joined in the celebration. Cross, though, smiled and cheered louder than the others. "Sweet! I've never drunk before!" This caused Dust to laugh. "You've never drunk? In all of the years you've been alive, you haven't drunk anything? Really?" Cross shrugged, smiling sheepishly. "I wasn't really able to up until I joined the gang. Plus, I could've sworn that Nightmare doesn't let Fresh drink, so I assumed that it applied to me as well." Killer snorted, throwing his arm over Cross's shoulder. "He doesn't let Fresh drink because the kid's under twenty, Cross." The monochrome blinked at him, confused. He pointed at himself, "That's what I mean. I figured that since both Fresh and I are under twenty, that I wasn't allowed to either."

Everyone froze. "What?" Killer nearly lost his balance, feeling as if he'd been struck. Horror started giggling hysterically as Dust's jaw dropped. Error only snickered and glanced at Nightmare, who's eyelight had disappeared. Cross looked at his gangmates, brows furrowed. "Is...that a surprise?" Nightmare, regaining his senses, was now stiff and slightly angry. "Of course it's a surprise! I thought you were the same age as Killer!" Cross shook his head, "Naw. I'm seventeen." Once again, it was like getting slapped in the face. Cross was seventeen.

"...Nightmare, this makes you a pedo-"

"Shut up, Dust."

Cross rocked on his heels, folding his arms and looking at Nightmare. "So, I guess this means I can't drink?" Nightmare coughed, "That's exactly what it means." Cross (and the others) groaned and sat on the couch beside Horror with a scowl. 

---------

They didn't go drinking, and now everyone is grumpy. Nightmare had to change the rules, because Cross is younger than he thought and he didn't feel like breaking any laws that involve minors doing stuff that isn't for minors. Haha. Idiot. Cross is sad because he can't have pot brownies anymore. Nightmare told Epic to stop giving Cross brownies because he's too young. Haha, get dunked on Cross this is why we don't hide our age from certain people.