oh

random sad time sentence i thought of that i wanted to put in a story but because i can't write atm, you just get the dialogue and tiny little dramatic lines to push it along.

Here it is

also, it's kinda focused on a kinda toxic relationship

-

"You never care when I'm okay. When I'm smiling? Laughing? I'm nothing to you! You even complain about how annoying it is!"

More yelling, again. But it didn't stop there, not like it always did. No, Dream kept going, pointing his finger at Nightmare with agony in his expression. "And then I'm broken. No more laughing, no more smiling, and suddenly, I'm the most important thing in the world! It's only when I'm on the verge of breaking that you show any care towards me!"

Breath evening, Dream backed down. Nightmare had heard once that angry words hurt more when they were said calmly. He hadn't believed it. But now, with Dream in front of him, speaking in a horrible, empty tone, Nightmare understood. Dream's voice was the calmest it'd been since their entire argument started. "Every time, I think you'll come around, you don't. Every. Time."

Dream's ribcage rattled with his shuddering sigh. "Nightmare, I'm tired of it. I'm tired of you leaving me behind every time you think I'm okay, of you kicking me back down when I've just stood back up. I.." Dream took a deep breath, tears gleaming in his eyes. "I-I'm leaving. I'll go find someone else. Someone be..better than you."

Nightmare really hadn't believed that calm words would hurt more than shouted words. What an idiot.

--

That's it.