The revelation

Swipe for music 🎶

Maria's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night because I felt someone next me with their arms around my waist. I almost forgot that Mattheo was in my bed. Somehow I got butterflies. What the hell. It was still dark outside and I was still tired so i closed my eyes and fell asleep till morning.

In the morning

A nauseous feeling woke me up. Mattheo was still sleeping. His breathing was slow and  did my want to wake him up. His arms were around my waist. He really didn't change position all night. That's kinda impressive not gonna lie. I really needed to go to the bathroom to throw up.  It was weird not having Pansy with me. She was always there when I needed her in the morning.

After a couple of minutes trying to get out of Mattheo's grip, I finally succeed but I think I woke Him up. Shit.

« What are you doing Maria? Are you not feeling well? » he said with his morning voice. Ok that was hot. I thought. But I didn't have time to answer. I ran out the hospital wing to go to the bathroom. If only Pansy could be there to rassure me.

I heard the door swing open followed by footsteps. I then heard someone knocking at the door of the toilet I that I occupied.

« Maria, I know you're in there, please open the door so I can help you. » oh no, i recognize that voice. It was Mattheo. He must had followed me.

Mattheo's POV

I woke up when I felt someone moving next to me. I almost forgot that I was in the same bed than Maria. She didn't look very well. Her face looked pale and her breathing was heavy. I knew something wasn't right. There really is something wrong with her. Was it link about what Parkinson wanted to tell me about Prince? 

« what are you doing Maria? Are you not feeling well? » I asked worried. I didn't even get an answer, she immediately ran out of the infirmary. What the fuck.

I needed to know if she was ok. So I followed her and I saw her turning to the bathroom. I little after her, I entered the bathroom and I heard someone throwing up. I knew it was her because we were the Only ones in here. I wanted to help her but the toilet door was locked.

« Maria, i know you're in there. Please open the door so I can help you » I really don't know why I care to much but I do. I care for Maria Prince. After a moment, I heard the door unlocking and there she was. She looked so skinny and small. How many she spent without eating?

I rushed next to her tiny figure and take her in my arms. She then burst in tears. That just broke my heart.

« What's happening with you Prince » I whispered softly. Her body seemed so weak and fragile.

« Can you go get Pansy please? » she says as her voice broke. I couldn't leave her alone. Especially on the bathroom floor.

« ok I'll go get her but stay here, it's gonna take a minute » she nodded. I then let go of her, I wish I never did and I rushed out of the bathroom, running to the Slytherin Common room.

« PARKINSON! PANSY! » I yelled in the common room. Everyone was staring at me like I was crazy but I didn't care.
« PARKINSON WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU? » I yelled even louder.

« I'm here, I'm here calm down. What do you want Riddle? » I saw her walking towards me. Finally, it's not like your friend is dying in the bathroom alone oh wait IT IS.

« Maria's got a problem, she wasn't feeling well and asked me to go find you. » I spoke to her. « Shit, where is she? » she asked me worried.

« She's in the girl bathroom c'mon she needs help » I said as she was already rushing to the bathroom. Malfoy, Zabini and Nott heard everything as they were sitting on the couch of the common room. They quickly got up and followed Parkinson and I.

We enter the bathroom and saw Maria unconscious on the floor still at the same place where I left her. Oh fuck. Parkinson sat next to her and placed her in her arms and stroking her hair. All the boys were looking worried and I was part of them.

« she's gonna be fine, she do that almost every morning so calm your tits guys » she spoke to us. Oh thank Merlin. I thought it was my fault. I would have never forgive myself.

« can someone tell me what the fuck is wrong with her?! » I said. They all looked at each other and nod their head as if they agreed to tell me what's her problem.

« She's sick dude, she has this rare Muggle disease so that's what caused all this shit » The young Malfoy told me. So that explain everything. But why didn't she tell me?

« But she's gonna heal no? » I asked with worry in my voice. Their expression all changed to a sad face.

« That's the thing Riddle, it doesn't heal, it's degenerative disease, she only got a year to live » Pansy announced me. OH.MY.FUCKING.GOD. I felt like my heart stopped and I dropped to my knees. I was mad at her for not telling me and I was mad at myself for getting attached to her. Fuck.

She then started to move and wake up. I was still shocked about the new.

« Hey Pansy, oh and hey guys, how y'all doin? » she says with a raspy voice. How can she be so calm with being sick?
After a couple of minutes of silence. Someone finally spoke.
« Well that's awkward... » Nott says « yeah I'm gonna go » Zabini says. « Same, take care of her » Malfoy says too.

They all left except Parkinson and me.

« I think it's time for you to go to your room don't you think? We'll clean you up » Pansy spoke. No words came out of my mouth. The two girls stood up and I followed and we made our way to her room. Pansy got close to my ear and whispered.

« I know you're shocked but i think you guys need to talk. Please go easy on her, she just didn't want you to treat her differently alright? » she asked me. I just nodded in response.

Then we arrived to her room.