I promise

Swipe for music 🎶

Maria's POV

The three of us went to my room to clean me up as Pansy said. I surely look like a mess. I knew that he knew. I could tell by the look on his face and I heard Pansy talk to him about going easy on me. She really I'm deaf or something? I really didn't want to talk about it right now. I was tired (nothing new) but I still was and I just wanted to pass out again.

I'm gonna have to talk about it sooner or later. I just wish he didn't knew like that. All those effort to hide it didn't really went as planned...

As soon as we arrived in the dorm, I immediately ent to the bathroom and brush my teeth because you know, it's not the bast taste in the world. I looked at myself in the mirror, ew I look like a fucking skeleton mixed with a zombie. My hair looked like a mess and my face looked so pale and green. Now I know why the kids are scared of me.

When I finished brushing my teeth and trying to fix myself even if it was almost impossible, I went back to Pansy and Mattheo. They were both sitting on my bed. Mattheo looked like he's seen a ghost and Pansy looked worried. Oh my god, it's now that it's happening.

Pansy then stood up to let me sit next to Mattheo. She knew exactly what she was doing.

« I think you guys need a little conversation and even if I would love to see the show I have somewhere else to be. » she says already walking away. This bitch.

After she left there was and awkward silence. Just kill me now. I was about to say something to ease the tension but I got cut off.

« Why didn't you tell me before? » He asked, fuck. Maybe because I don't like when people are worried about me and think that I'm a weak bitch what do you think? Obviously I didn't say that.

« What do you mean » I tried playing dumb but really I didn't want to speak about that.

« Maria, you know exactly what I'm talking about, don't try to play dumb with me » oh he's good, it's true that I'm terrible liar. Ok I think it's time that I tell him the truth.

« Well...you see, all my life I've been treated differently, I-I was always the little sick girl and people were not seeing me as Maria Prince but they were seeing we as a disease. They were seeing me as a fragile person who  could break in a matter of second. I also didn't tell you that or anything about me because I don't want you to get attached to me, in fact I don't want anyone getting attached to me because My time is limited and I cannot stand the thought of hurting  people when I'm gonna leave... » why did I say all of this, he's the only person that I told the Réal reason. Somehow I feel comfortable around him. Who would have thought I would get attached to the fucking son of the Dark Lord himself.

He stood there speechless just staring at my eyes in awe. I thought he would leave and be mad at me for not telling him the truth about my life but instead he hug me. I got a little surprise by the sudden move but I quickly hugged back.

« I understand but I still think you should have told me sooner, I was actually worried about you. What are you doing to me? » he speak still embracing me. He mumbled the last phrase but I still heard but you know I don't really own the answer of this question.

I would have never thought that Mattheo Riddle would be a good hugger but hey! We have to expect the unexpected. I felt safe in his arms. Like as if nothing could harm me and as if I was immortal.

Eventually we part away from the hug. I'm gonna make sure I hug him more.

« Can you promise me one thing? » I asked a little nervous. He nodded.

« Can you promise not to see me as a disease? » asked looking at his deep eyes.

« I promise » he whispered.

We were slowly leaning closer. Oh shit are we about to kiss right now? Oh no I've never kiss someone before. That cannot happen. I immediate turned my head and cleared my throat, I think he understood because he did it too.

He was about to leave and go I don't know where. Maybe smoke or bully some first years but I wanted him to stay with me. At least until I fall asleep.

« Wait! Can you stay with me? I don't feel like being alone right now. » I say looking at your feet. I thought he would say no and leave anyways but I get I was wrong because he smiled. That smile was the cutest fucking thing I've ever seen in my whole life what the fuck.

« It would be my pleasure love » he says. LOVE?!? Did he just call me LOVE?!?! Wow okay, I felt butterflies in my stomach. That's new. I cannot be falling for a Riddle can I?

He came into my bad next to me and I shifted close to him, like we did in the hospital wing. He started playing with my hair and try to braid it, that's really cute. Ok stop now Maria don't think like that. After a couper of minutes and I heard his breath getting slower and I noticed he fell asleep before me while playing in my hair. That's funny. I then fell asleep my turn.

« Good night Mattheo. »