We'll meet again

Swipe for music 🎶

My dearest love,
This is the first letter I remember writing. I don't know if I wrote any others before because I'm slowly losing a part of my memory due to the poison. Even if it's not my first letter, it most likely be my last...If you read this letter, it's because I'm no longer by your side. You see, everyone receives a letter that informs the person that they will die sometime within the next month. Some see it as a blessing because they can say goodbye to friends and family. Others see it as a curse because of constant paranoia and fear in your last days. If you survive the month, however, you become immortal. Immortals are sought after by people on the brink of death, begging them to reveal how they lived through that month. The protagonist just recently received a letter that they would die within a year, the longest time period ever given. After making headlines across the globe, an immortal decides to reveal his secret to them.

First of all, I want you to know that I'm not scared. Well not of dying anyway. I've been prepared my entire life and maybe I'll be able to see my parents again, who knows. What I was really scared of was loosing myself to this disease. Everyday i could feel it creeping inside of my body and eating me alive. I was scared of forgetting. Forgetting every good thing about Hogwarts, my friends and especially you. Before going to bed, I would always speak to myself out loud to remember everything, but I've never forget you Mattheo. You were always somewhere in my brain, printed so you could never be forgotten.

I knew that day would come, even if I tried to stay positive and full of hope, the light inside of me was slowly dying a little more everyday and i knew from the beginning that I wouldn't make it to the end of the year. I never told you that because I wanted to avoid all the pain that it would cause you. I sure wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I knew how hurt you were. I hope you can understand my love. I only wanted to live without thinking of any bad stuff that was happening in my life.

Can you do something for me?
I need you to release me, let me go. You have so many things to see and do. You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears. Be happy that we had so many months together. I gave you my love and you can only guess, how much you gave me in happiness. I thank you for the love you have shown, but now it's time I traveled on alone. So grieve awhile for me, if grieve you must then let your grief be comforted by trust. It's only for awhile that we must l'art so bless the memories with your heart. I won't be far away, for life goes on. So, if you need me, call me and I will come. Though you can't see me or touch me, I'll be near, and if you listen with your heart, you'll hear all my love around you soft and clear. And then, when you must come this way, I'll greet you with a smile and say « welcome home ».

It's okay if you forget all about me, it's okay if you move on, in fact I want you to move on. I'll be more than happy to see you grow and be happy again. I'll always watch over you and protect you in every ways I can. If you have a family one day, something we always wanted but never could, I'll watch over every single member of it with a big smile on my face. Just know that I'll be waiting, waiting for you to join me one day but make sure it's in a long time. You still have so much to live and experience. You deserve to be happy Theo.

Thank you for showing me what love means and thank you for being my bestfriend and my only love. You helped me in so many ways without even realizing. I just wished we could have one more day together but life chose otherwise...

I love you so much.

Make sure to tell Pansy, Blaise, Theo and Draco I love them very much and wish them all the best in the future and give a big kiss to my auntie and tell her that we'll meet again.

See you soon, but not too soon.

Goodbye Mattheo

Love always

-Maria xx
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hello,
what did you think of the short chapter?It was really sad to make gosh. I don't know if I should stop the story there or make another chapter...anyways let me know what you think! <33