Lonely

Swipe for music 🎶

2 years later...

The silence...

Everything was quiet, too quiet. No one dared to speak about that night. Too scared it might cause more damage that it already did. It's already been 2 years, 2 painful years since Maria Prince died in the arms of the love of her life. The teachers that arrived two minutes too late to save the young girl were blaming themselves over and over again. If only they walked just a little bit faster or if only they would've followed Mattheo to the great hall, maybe just maybe  the whole story would've end with a different chapter. A chapter with a happy ending full of roses and smiles. Too bad it's the complete opposite that happened.

Maria was the life of the school. She always found a way to make people smile. She always found the right words at the right moments. All she wanted was to make people forget about her disease and only see her as herself. She did it, she made them forget but her sudden death made people realize how serious her condition was and it didn't just break one heart.

One heart in particular was hurting more than the others. That heart didn't just break, it burned, not only with sadness but with anger and loneliness. The heart of the young boy was completely destroyed, it was empty.

Mattheo felt like everything that happened was his fault, he couldn't accept that she was gone for good, that he won't ever feel her touch, hear her voice and feel the happiness she brought him. He just wanted her back. He wanted to hold her in his arms and never let go even if he knew it was impossible.

The following days after Maria's death, Mattheo stayed locked in his dorm. Not eating and not sleeping. He lied on his bed all day alone with his thoughts that were drowning him. Every time he tried to forget about her, the memories were back and eating him alive. He found comfort in alcohol and drugs. That was the only way he could almost forget about everything that happened. This feeling of euphoria was becoming an addiction. He knew that is was not what Maria would want but she wasn't there anymore, he could do what he wanted  without her telling him to stop.

The days were becoming weeks.

And the weeks became months.

It's not like no one tried to talk to him and tried to help him but he was just not listening and telling them to piss off. One day, the knocks on his doors stopped. Everyone stopped trying to help him.

He hasn't seen the sun shine in what feels like forever. It made sense to him because she was his sun and because she wasn't there, there was no reason why the sun would shine.

Even if people stopped knocking on his door, they never stopped worrying about him. The professors and students all thought he would be dead by now, he even missed Maria's funerals.

But him reality, what they didn't know... that was the only time the broken boy got out of his dorm. He would remember that day forever. He made an effort to dress up nicely and style his messy hair that was much longer by the time. He waited for everyone to walk away and for the ceremony to end for walking to where his princess was peacefully sleeping and crying all the tears that were left in his body. He didn't say a word, he was incapable of speaking. He just stood there for a while, admiring the color of the leaves changing to a bright red and feeling the cold air on his sun deprived skin.

On the other side, after a couple of months, everyone seemed to slowly move on and begin to be happy again. Theodore, Pansy, Blaise and Draco were still extremely sad and they all ended up going in separate ways. Every time they would pass eachother in the corridors, they wouldn't even spare a glance in their direction. They were all strangers with nothing else but memories. They were all wondering what was happening to Mattheo, they all went at least one time knock on his door and speak to him on the other side of his locked door. Pansy was the one coming to see him the most. She would speak to him and try to convince him to get out of his room but she never succeeded. She thought he wasn't hearing her but he certainly was. He was sitting on the floor with his back against the door listening to her every words but never answering. When she stopped coming, he wasn't mad at her, he would've did the same thing if he was her.

Another month passed with no news of the sad boy, the professors have had enough, so they decided to go over his dorm and open it. They were scared he would hurt himself of he didn't already. They had to know if he was okay.

« What if he's dead? » McGonagall was the one to break the silence.

« Well i guess we're about to find out. » Dumbledore then opened the door with his magic.

To their surprise, the dorm that empty. No sign of a curly head boy. Only a strong sent of alcohol and a lot of bottle everywhere. They looked on the ground to see if there was his lifeless body but nothing. Only the window of the back of his dorm was open. They all came to the conclusion that he decided to run away from Hogwarts.

But where did he go?

Mattheo's POV:

I just ran not knowing where I was going. I just had to leave. I felt like I was suffocating in this place. My head was spinning, maybe it was the alcohol in my system that was doing it's job and maybe even the drugs but at this point I couldn't care less. I ran all night. I didn't let the tiredness stop me, I was desperate to go as far as possible from Hogwarts.

After a couple hours of running, my legs were burning and I decided to take a break. I walked for a little while until I arrived in front of a big manor. I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought I was just drunk and I was hallucinating but it was actually there. The place I ran away from when I was younger. The place that I swore to myself I would never go again and here I was.

In front of the Riddle manor.
.
.
.
.
Hello, here another chapter. Sorry if it's bad.
I hope you enjoyed. Thank you for all the support you guys are the best. I love to read your comments :) anyway, have a great night/day 💕💕
(And sorry for the spelling mistakes)