He saved me

Swipe for music 🎶

Maria's POV

Bright lights were hurting my eyes, my head felt like it was gonna explode, my lips were dry and sweat was dripping from my forehead.

I woke up...finally.

I immediately looked at my chest if the hole was still there but there was nothing. Thank Merlin. No one was moving as if they were shocked that i woke up and that they were not expecting my eyes to open. They all took a few steps backwards as if they were scared of me. My breathing was heavy and million thoughts were running inside my head.

As soon as I sat up on the bed, strong arms pulled me in a hug, I immediately recognize the person. The love of my life, Mattheo. A sigh of relief escaped both of our mouth. I missed this, I missed him. It feels like ages since i've seen him. Neither of us wanted to let go of the embrace, instead, our grip was getting tighter as if we were scared of loosing each other again. After a moment, we pulled away but we were still close to each other. I placed my hands on both side of his face not believing that he was there in front of me.

« Are you really there? Am I dreaming? » I whispered. I was more asking myself.

« This is real. I'm always there. You scared the shit out of me you idiot. » he replied. I chuckled.

« well I guess you cannot get rid of me that easily mister Riddle. » I said with the same sarcasm he used.

Mattheo's POV

She's back. I cannot express how happy I am. I don't know what I would do if she didn't make it. I somehow managed to get into her mind while she was out. I needed to know where she was and if she was okay. When I saw her in pain on the ground about to take her own life, my heart broke in million pieces. I needed to save her no matter what. I somehow got to stop her from stabbing herself by simply talking to her.

When she woke up and I saw her eyes that I've been craving to see one more time, I immediately ran to her and took her in my arms. It felt like ages since I haven't properly see her and that I didn't feel her touch. At that moment neither of us wanted to let go. I wanted to stay like this forever..

Suddenly, quick footsteps were heard coming toward us.

« WHERE'S MY BABY? » a feminine voice said.

I saw a middle age women running to Maria and took her in her arms. She looked like her, it's surely her aunt. They were both crying in eachother's arms.

Maria turned her head in my direction and looked at me straight in the eyes.

« He saved me auntie, Mattheo saved me. » as soon as she said that, a smile appeared on my face. She mouthed a 'thank you' to me. That meant the world to me. I nodded in response.

I couldn't describe the warm feeling that I felt in my heart as I was looking at her. It's like her only present could warm me in a second.

Maria's POV

I missed my aunt so much, she was the only family I had left. It felt great to be in her arms once more. I missed everyone so much not gonna lie.
.
.
.
Everyone was gone, the sun was out but one person stayed with me. The little Riddle boy, obviously. We were sitting side by side on the hospital bed. I was wearing the same clothes for I don't know how long. I needed to change and get clean. I was craving for a shower. I think  Mattheo understood that I needed to get out of here because he stood up and gave me his hand for me to take.