Nothing happens for nothing

Swipe for music 🎶

3rd person POV

The researches on finding the cure for Maria were slowly moving forward. They were on a good track but they were scared they wouldn't find it in time. It was almost impossible but they had to continue. If there was any chance that they could save Maria, they would do anything it takes.

Maria didn't tell anyone about the fact that she only had a couple of weeks left. She didn't know what reaction her friends would have but she was sure it would not be the coolest thing to hear. She didn't even know how she would tell them.

Like: hey guys what a beautiful day, oh and by the way in less then a month I'll be dead.

Thoughts were running in her head 24/7 about every way possible she would annonce her friends the new.
.
.
.
In the morning, Mattheo and Maria were still holding each other. They didn't change their position all night. She woke up before him. He looked so peaceful when he was asleep. She took her time to observe his features and every details of his angelic face. She wanted to remember every single thing about him. She knew that once she would loose her mind, she wanted to remember him. She didn't want to forget him and everything they've been through.

Maria's POV

He looked so beautiful when he was sleeping. He looked like an angel. I was so lucky to have him by my side. I know that if he wasn't there, I would probably be already dead. He showed me what happiness and live felt like.

As I was thinking about him and what happened between us, I almost feel the poison reaching my brain. It made me wince in pain. I think this is the worst, feeling it get to me, feeling it take my humanity away. It was so slow and painful. I was so angry at everything but mostly at the world.

My aunt always said nothing happens for nothing. But I think this isn't fair. Everything I've always care about and live will be soon taken away from me. That just break my heart.

I got out of his grip, careful not to wake him up and went to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror, looking at my entire body. I looked so god damn weak and sick. Then a strong pain hit my forearm, I looked at it. That's when I saw them. My veins were black and dark purple. I was starting to get really sick. It was the only place where it showed. On my forearm. I mean it's better then in the middle of my face. At least I can cover it but when it will be all my body....oh fuck. That will be more complicated to cover up.

I got out of the bathroom and looked in the room. Mattheo was not asleep anymore. He was sitting at the edge of the bed. A bright smile appeared on his face when he saw me. I couldn't help but smile back even if I knew what I was about to annonce him.

I sat next to him while holding my arm close to me. I could feel tears starting to grow in my eyes but I tried to ignore it and blink them away. When he saw my expression change, his smile was now gone and a worried look replaced it.

"Good morning Mattheo." I broke the painful silence and tried to break the tension,

"Good morning baby." He said in a low voice. He then look at my arm that I was holding. It took him a moment before looking back I to my eyes.

I let go of my arm and moved it towards him. The sleeve of my hoodie still covering it so he didn't saw it at first.

"I guess I cannot hide it anymore" I motioned him to roll up my sleeve and he did.

His eyes widened as he looked at my dark veins popping out of my arm. He didn't look disgusted by it or afraid he just looked sad and worried.

For the next 20 minutes, I explained to him every other details that he needed to know. I finished by saying the time that I had left and I could see that it broke his heart. One single tear left his eyes as I was explaining to him. I knew he was trying not to break and keep his tears in his eyes. We ended up hugging each other for a good moment before heading to breakfast. I had to tell the other and I needed Mattheo's help to do it without breaking.
.
.
.
We went to the great hall where we immediately saw our friends sitting at our usual table chatting and laughing. They were so beautiful to look at. Seeing them smile made me so happy. I wanted this moment to last for eternity. And there I was about to take away their smile by telling them that I'll be gone soon.

I looked at Mattheo next to me and sending him a sad smile. He knew what if meant. He grabbed my hand and gave it a comforting squeeze, it immediately calmed me down and gave me strength. We walked together towards the Slytherin table next to Theo and in front of Pansy, Draco and Blaise. They all smiled when they saw us arriving. I gave them a fake smile back. I didn't dare letting go of Mattheo's hand and he didn't seem to want to let go either.

"Good morning lovebirds" Blaise winked at us. I rolled my eyes in response.

"Good morning Blaisie." I said back.

We talked for a while about random life things. Blaise and Pansy were now official, Theo is not with the guy anymore because he didn't want anything serious, oh and he also came out as bi. Which I was really proud of.  Draco was more quiet, he looked tired and unhappy. I will need to talk to him later. He didn't make immature jokes with Blaise like usual. He was looking at his plate but was barely eating. That's about it.

Then, I thought it was the right time to tell them what was about to happen in a couple weeks...

"Hey um...I need to tell y'all something..." I said looking at my lap. I felt Mattheo's hand gripping mine even tighter. I felt all their eyes burning hole into my face. I looked up to them and all their eyes were filled with worry as if they knew that was I was about to tell them wasn't the best new ever. They all nodded in response waiting for me to continue.

I took a deep breath and looked at Mattheo for reassurance, he smiled and nodded his head. That's when I knew I needed to do this right now.

"Yeah, so you know when the doctors did some tests to me to see what exactly I had and what would happen to me...well, I got the results yesterday..." I said in a quiet voice for only them to hear. Their eyes were glued on my face as I was speaking paying attention to every words I said.

I continued my explication until I was about to say how many time I had left to live.
.
.
.

"Which means I only have less than a month with you guys..." I finished whispering the last sentence not daring to look at their expression.

I then heard a loud bang on the table that made me look up at where it came from. It was Draco that shot up from table and left the dining hall at a fast pace. Merlin I felt so bad. I looked at the others and Blaise followed him yelling his name to come back but he didn't listen. Some tears were streaming down Pansy's face and Theo was looking at the ground. I really needed to talk to Draco.

I let go of Mattheo's hand and got up from my seat. I excused myself and left the dining hall, walking towards where I thought was Draco. Probably his dorm.

I hope he's okay....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Helloooooo. Omg I'm so sorry for updating so slow. I have so much things to do with school like freaking studies if I don't want to fail 👍

I'm sorry this chapter is really bad please be nice thought. Thank you 😊 have a great day LOVE YA 💕❤️