It hurts

Swipe for music 🎶

3rd person POV

May 2nd 1998

There he was, fighting and killing innocent souls and for what you may ask? The answer is simple:

A broken heart

Mattheo Riddle, son of the darkest wizard the world has ever seen, finally decided to join his father's side by allowing the poison ink to penetrate his skin and forming a dangerous sign. The death mark. For the others, getting that tattoo would hurt them so much that they would feel like dying but for the little Riddle, not a single drop of pain made it's way to his body. Only a emotionless face could be seen.

Numbness

That would be too little to describe the boy. Some might say that he was overdramatic over his girlfriend's death but she was the reason he was breathing without any pain. He needed air and she was his oxygen. No one could understand except him, that's why he shut all his emotions off. Maybe if he convinced himself he didn't care or he didn't feel anything, maybe, just maybe the pain would go away for a while and would let him breathe.

And I am deeply lost in my own soul, how could I except anyone to understand me?

The only emotion he would feel was anger. The only emotion he allowed himself to feel. That's how he got where he is right now. Torturing those he once was classmate with. How could those people live peacefully, knowing that the sweet Maria Prince is dead? No one tried to understand. No one cared to understand. He knew her story couldn't stop there. What really happened to her?

What the fuck was that deadly disease she had?
.
.
.
Once he entered Hogwarts one more time and maybe one last time with his death eater mask, all he wanted to do was burn everything but mostly burn the memories. Every corridors he used to sneak out with her late at night, every bathroom they would go to avoid classes and every staircases he would carry her up when she didn't have enough strength to do it herself.

Her, her, her, his.

He didn't want to remember. It was simply too painful to remember. He may be a coward to not be able to face that pain but he couldn't help it. All those sleepless nights thinking about what he did wrong, how he could've stop it and what if they got only one more day together. Just to properly say goodbye . One word would've made all the difference.

Just one more day...
.
.
.
Blood
So much blood, everywhere. But it couldn't compare to that night when he had her blood on his hands. All those throats he would slit, all those hearts he would stab and all those neck he would break felt like nothing. It only felt like ants you would step on as a child just for fun and not feeling any pity afterwards.

Then, one girl, that girl he saw and 'spoke' to on the train. The one with the dreamy voice and the name that means the moon. The girl with white hair that made him think of the moonlight on those cloudless nights.

Luna Lovegood

The one he was mean too but didn't mean to, stood right in front of him. She was scared, he knew that. She had dried blood on her face, all her body was shaking and her glossy eyes were wide open as she was staring right at Mattheo. For a second he wanted to kill her like he did to all those innocent people but something about her made him hesitate. Maybe it was because Maria used to talk to him about her and how much she appreciated the girl.
.
.
Today, in potion I was pared with that ravenclaw girl. You know the one that people say she's crazy. But you know, I don't think she's crazy. She just think differently. Luna Lovegood, yes i believe that's her name. She's actually very nice. Of course sometimes it takes me a second to understand what she's saying but it's always entertaining.