Chapter 8B

Ryujin's POV

"YUNA, WRAP OUR present for Beomgyu. I'm going to sleep at dad's for the weekends."

I remind my cousin. Daddy and I agreed that every weekend I would sleep at our house. We just came home from school and I'm getting my clothes ready for tomorrow. Tomorrow will be Beomgyu's party that we were invited to though I'm still unsure if I was really invited.

We've already said our apologies to one another because of the ice cream thing accident but we're not friends nor enemies. We're just in the middle you know civil.

That's why I'm really surprised he invited me to his birthday party.

"Can't you just tell one of your maids to wrap that it up?"

"You want me to disturb them even if you can do it by yourself? "

She has the talent to wrap gifts that's why I'm asking her to do it. I told her the day Chaeryeong bought it to wrap it but look at her now whining because of laziness.

"Ryujin."

Yeji calls me.

"Please give this to your best friend."

She handed me a paper bag.

I'll be taking my car to our house. I didn't bother asking dad's driver to pick me up. I don't want to disturb him and besides I can go home on my own.

I first went to Yeji's house to give what she wants to give to her brother.

"Oh, it's you Ryujin!"

Their housekeeper greeted me.

"Yeji is giving it to her brother." I handed over the paper bag which she immediately took.

"Aren't you coming in? He's inside."

"No, it's fine. Daddy is already waiting for me. I just came by to hand it over." I said goodbye.

I got back in my car and drove it to our house.

"Good evening, Ms. Ryujin."

Our main steward greeted me while the other helpers bowed.

"Where's dad?" I asked as I handed her the bag I was carrying.

"He's at the dining room, waiting for you." She replied.

"Dad!"

I entered happily. I approached him and hugged him. God! I miss him so much!

"I miss you, my baby girl!" He said before planting a kiss on my head. "We talked before that every weekend you'll sleep here, what happened last week?"

"Dad, I told you there was an annual welcome party provided by the school. I can't just skip it and besides, we also joined a band competition."

"I understand. You mention earlier when we called that you will also leave tomorrow? What for?" He asked before eating pasta that is our dinner today.

"A birthday celebration, dad."

He lowered the cutlery he was holding. You can see that there is something wrong with his eyes. "Do you know someone with a Choi last name at school?"

My forehead furrowed. "Lia's a Choi, dad. Why did you ask?"

There are Soobin, Beomgyu, and Yeonjun in our class with the Choi surname. But why is he asking about the Chois?

"Nothing. I'm just curious."

What's wrong with dad today? Is he just tired or what?

After we had dinner we rested in our rooms to rest. I know how exhausted dad is because of his work so I didn't bothered him anymore to ask why he asked that Choi thing earlier. Maybe one of his business partner is a Choi or something.

"I'LL FETCH YOU later, little girl. We'll have a date tonight." Dad promised before finally pulling the car over.

He drove me to the hotel where Beomgyu's birthday was being held. My friends are already inside when I called my cousin earlier. They said the party hasn't started yet but many are already inside.

"May I see your invitation, miss?"

The woman asked me when I got to the venue.

"Uhh-"

"She's with me."

I was surprised when Yeonjun stood beside me. He's wearing a black tuxedo and a black beret. There are earrings dangling in his ears. He looks so expensive!

I immediately looked at the black decorative button short dress I was wearing. I feel like a beggar now that I'm with him.

"Come in, sir and ma'am."

"May I?"

He held out his arm, I clung my arm to his as we entered. There is a red carpet after entering the door and you have to take a picture with your partner. We walked to the spot where we'll be pictured. It seems like there are also medias that were invited. I can feel the eyes staring at us now as we are pictured. The smiles I let out were awkward. Hope I still look good even though I have a God looking guy next to me.

I lost my grip on him when the pictorial ended and my eyes immediately searched for where my friends were.

"There."

Yeonjun pointed to where my friends were sitting when he saw I was having a hard time finding them.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome."

I walked to where they are then sat down on an empty chair. Questions bombared our table asking about the scene earlier

"Why are you with Yeonjun? Are you two dating?" Chaeryeong asked, waiting for my answer.

"We're not."

"Then why were you two together? There's a lot of medias invited here. Surely, there will be news about you tomorrow."

"We met at the entrance. I didn't have an invitation and he saved me from being embarassed."

I heard someone coughed beside me, it was Yeji. I smirked. She's jealous.

I've noticed Yeonjun and Yeji being awkward with one another, not because they're strangers but because they know each other so well.

I don't know what happened between the two of them but I can feel there's something going on between them.

The five of us were surprised when a woman someone approached our table. She is in a champagne dress and looks like she is in her early 40s.

"Hi! I'm Bora, Beomgyu's mom." She excitedly introduced herself.

"Hello, I'm Hwang Yeji." Yeji stood up from the seat and shook hands with Miss Bora.

"I'm Lee Chaeryeong."

"Shin Yuna."

Her eyes shifted to Lia and her eyes widened. "Julia, is that you? I thought you're still in Canada?"

"I came home before the school year started."

"I'm surprised you're here. Your mom told me you'll be living with your friends together but I didn't know it will be here in Seoul." She said. "Anyways, greet your uncle later. I'm sure he misses his niece."

Beomgyu and Lia are cousins?

Beomgyu's mommy's eyes landed on me.

"I'm-"

"I bet you're Ryujin, right?"

She asked as I nodded. I wondered why she knows me when it's my first time meeting her. I also saw my friends who also look confused why Beomgyu's mom knows me.

"My son-"

"Mom."

Her attention drifted to Beomgyu who had just arrived. He is wearing a white tuxedo with a black tie. He looks so good. He also looks like a prince straight out of a fairy tale because of his looks today.

He looked at me. I saw him smirked after he scanned me from head to toe.

My forehead crease.

"The party is about to start."