Chapter 11B

Chaeryeong's POV

"DID THE TWO of you fought again?"

I asked Ryujin then looked at Beomgyu who's so quiet today. I really hate it when he's noisy but him being quiet is quite scary. If I choose between the two, I'd rather see him being noisy than him being quiet.

"I don't know with him. All of a sudden he doesn't want to talk to me." She says.

We are in the cafeteria now. We were with the boys at a table. It's the first time we were seen all together in school. All eyes are all on us right now and all they are talking about is clearly us.

Taehyun and I went out last Sunday. We were surprised when we saw Lia and Soobin on their way out of Lia's book store. They joined us to eat lunch together then we planned to watch a movie. We were all shocked when we also saw Yeji and Yuna at the cinema. After the movie, we all decided to go home, but we met Yeonjun's mom at the entrance.

Ryujin texted me that she's excited that she'll be having a date with her dad that day so I was startled when I saw her with Yeonjun.

A pinch from whoever caught my attention. Taehyun sat down next to me, laughing. I look at him as he sits down.

"Why did you do that?" I touched the part where he pinched me. I can see how it became red because of what he did there.

"I've been calling you. You didn't look back. I realize it's more effective to just squeeze your arm than to waste my saliva."

I rolled my eyes.

"You should've tapped my shoulder or what. You don't have to hurt me to get my attention." I said a little irritated.

"Are you mad?" I heard him ask.

I did not look back at him. I kept watching the players on our village court. I went straight here after school.

"Chaeryeong ..."

I looked at him. "I'm not mad."

"You are."

"I'm not."

Before he could speak again I put my index finger on his lips.

"I've already said I'm not mad so shut up before I get mad at you."

I immediately removed my finger from his mouth when I realized our faces were too close. A little mistake our lips will touch any time.

I immediately averted my eyes. I also moved a little away from him because I'm afraid he would hear how loud my heart was pounding.

"Yeji asked me to fetch you here." He said suddenly.

I still don't look at him, because my heart still doesn't stop beating so hard.

"The boys are at your house. Planning for Ryujin's birthday."

I stood up. I started walking back to our house. Taehyun is following me. He's behind so I can't see what he looks like now.

I'm wondering if he also got affected by what happened earlier. I know that's impossible but I can't help but wonder. I admit. I'm seeing him as a man now. I won't deny that I have a crush on him. Who am I to lie to myself, right? 

I'm a straightforward person. Once I felt something to you, I'll confess right away. I know I'm that kind of person but right now it feels like I haven't known myself enough. I can't confess to him. Not because I'm afraid to get rejected but because I'm afraid to lose him.

"Since we're ten, we'll take three cars. Soobin's, Beomgyu's, and my car."

I heard Yeonjun say as we went to the rooftop. The eight of them are already sitting.

Taehyun held my hand, I look at him. He pulled me so I walked together with him. We walked over to the two vacant seats. I sat in one and I also felt he also sat on another empty seat.

"We'll take care of the food," Lia said. Shee turned to Soobin. "Let's go to the grocery store tomorrow after class."

Ryujin touched me. She is next to me on my right. She went closer to whisper.

"Aren't you letting go of each other?"

My forehead crease. She pointed something out so I also looked there. My eyes widened when I realized that we're still holding each other's hand. I heard Ryujin teasing me.

I saw Taehyun talking seriously to Kai so I saw this chance to take my hand away from him. But I was surprised when he tightened his grip on it even more. He wasn't looking at me, still talking to Kai but his attention is on our hands.

I gave up when I already tried for the nth time. He doesn't want to let go!

When my cellphone rang, he finally looked at me. I removed my hand from him and moved away a little so I could talk to my mom.

"What's up, mom?"

I saw Taehyun looking at me seriously. I gulped.

"Did I inform you already about Sunday?" My mom asked.

"What about it?"

"Your blind date, Chaer."

I rolled my eyes even though Mommy couldn't see me. That blind date thing again! Argh!

I could see Taehyun's forehead crease while still looking straight at me.

"How many times have I told you I don't want to go?"

"And how many times do I have to convince you to go?" Mom returned the question to me.

"Mom, have you forgotten that it's Ryujin's birthday?"

Mom didn't speak right away. "Monday, then?"

"Mom!"

"Just try it, Chaer. There's nothing wrong trying it once right? I asked your sister and she said you don't have a boyfriend so what's the problem?"

Mom asked Unnie? I looked at Taehyun. I bit my lower lip.

I wanted to tell my mom I have one but then I remember that he's just a fake.

I closed my eyes. I took a deep breath.

"Fine. Just this one, okay?"

I heard my mom screamed on the other line.