Chapter 12A

Yeji's POV

"YUNA, HURRY UP. They're waiting!"

I shout. The boys have been waiting since earlier. It's embarrassing that they are waiting.

"I'm done."

Yuna shouted back as she went down the stairs. She is wearing a white crop top and denim shorts. She has sunglasses on her head.

I told her to go first since I need to lock our house. Our things are already inside the cars. I saw that Lia, Taehyun, and Chaeryeong were already inside Soobin's car. Yuna got into Beomgyu's car where Kai and Ryujin were also there.

I looked at the car in front. He doesn't have a companion?

I was about to open Soobin's car door when Lia rolled down her window.

"Ji, come with Yeonjun. He's alone."

I also saw Chaeryeong lower her window.

"Yeah, Yeji. It'll be crowded here too if you go along with us."

I sighed.

"So you'll be my company, huh?"

I looked at Yeonjun, he's leaning against his car. He's wearing a white shirt and a white shorts partnered with white shoes. I looked at what I was wearing. I was astonished that we almost had the same outfit. I'm wearing a white lace hollow short sleeve top and white denim shorts. Add to that the fact that we are wearing the same shoes and we also have sunglasses on our heads.

If you don't know us personally, you may think that we planned this, or worse, you may think that we are in a relationship.

I stamped my feet hard as I started walking to his car. I just passed him and went inside right away. I saw him went around, a smile visibly on his lips. I rolled my eyes. What a great day to start this day!

"Stop staring at me."

I said. He was looking at me from time to time while driving. Especially when we stopped because of the traffic light.

"Focus on driving, Choi."

I couldn't help but look at him. I saw him smirked.

"Entertain me, Hwang. We're only two here and you're so quiet. I might get sleepy and get into an accident."

"You can just turn on your radio to keep your system awake."

I was about to turn on his car's radio when he spoke again.

"I want Hwang Yeji to keep me awake. I want you to keep me awake not something else."

I gulped.

Don't fell for his trap once again, Yeji! Once is enough. Being fooled twice will make you stupid!

I noticed he was slowing down. We were in front before but now we are behind Soobin's and Beomgyu's car.

"Can't you drive faster than this? Is your driving skills becoming rusty?"

I said complaining.

"I just want to have more time with you. Is that wrong?"

I didn't speak again. I just focus my attention on the road we're taking. I stop paying attention to Yeonjun. Because once I pay attention, he will find a way to get my attention again. So I'd better just ignore it.

Yeonjun's phone rang.

"Please answer." He simply said.

I obeyed his command. I picked up the phone to answer Kai's call. I also turned on the speaker so he could hear as well.

"Let's eat breakfast first. The girls are hungry. We'll stop over at The Park."

Kai informed us before he ended the call. My eyes widened when I saw his wallpaper when the call ended. It was a picture of the two of us. We were at Disneyland then, wearing headbands while he was hugging me. I still remember how I forced him to wear the headband.

The car stopped. We arrived at The Park. The two of us got out of the car.

"Yeonjun," I call.

He turned around. I handed him his phone.

"The woman at your wallpaper seems pretty," I said, joking.

"Of course, the woman you're talking about is you." He told me directly.

I gulped. He's staring at me the way he was before. I could feel the softening of my knee because of his stares. This is exactly how I always felt then. The time when we were both happy. The time when the two of us were together. The time when we had nothing to think about but wander around and have fun. The time that I know we can't go back.

Can't help but wonder if I didn't know about it, does that mean Yeonjun and I are still together now?

I bittersweetly smiled as we walked inside.

"I don't know if I'm the only one who noticed," Beomgyu said as we all sat down. "You drove so slow earlier, YJ?"

Yeonjun immediately spoke. "You just drove fast, BG."

Yeonjun glanced at me but I immediately swerved my eyes away from him. I  joined Yuna and Ryujin's conversation. It turns out Beomgyu and Ryujin fought the car earlier. That explains why Ryujin sat on the back while Kai came to the front.

Soobin and Lia ordered our breakfast. I don't know what they ordered. All I know is that I'm hungry as hell.

The resort we're going to is ten to fifteen minutes from The Park. When we arrived at the resort, the name of the resort welcomes us. In the center, there is a fountain.

We spent half an hour taking pictures around the entrance. Different poses and different spots.

When the boys invited us to come inside, we followed. We were immediately greeted by the staff. This resort is owned by a relative of the owner of our school.

Someone helped us find our rooms to stay. Four rooms were reserved by the school for our vacation here. Of course, boys and girls are in separate rooms.

We agreed to meet at the restaurant downstairs for lunch. Lia and I were arranging our belongings while I saw Chaeryeong asleep in the bed. The three of us are together in a room while the Shin cousins are in the other room next to ours.

"I'll just roam around," I told Lia when I finished arranging my belongings.

I almost swore when someone startled me. I saw Yeonjun leaning against the wall and he's laughing.

I hit his arm. "You think it's funny?"

He nodded. "If you've seen your face, I bet you'll also find it funny."

I rolled my eyes.

He's still the same Yeonjun. He's still the same boy I knew. But one thing that changed for sure is his feelings for me.

I know it's gone now and will never be the same again.