46

I stared ahead as Oscar drove

I stared ahead as Oscar drove. I was either working or with him and the boys. I took back whatever I said about them having no day job. Because being a gang  member was a full time job.

Chico was sitting in the back with Benji and I could tell that we were getting closer to our destination. I haven't been to such a place in what feels like forever. And this was a place I wanted to forget. But I had to face it today.

I didn't blink as we drove down the familiar street, the same street I walked with a dead phone after running away from Oscar.

I breathe through my nose to hide my nerves as Oscar parked the car in front of the very same strip club.

If that day didn't happen would I be in the position I'm in now? Would I have the tumour? Would I have moved to New York? Would I have had Alaïa?

I had a lot of questions and I could feel myself getting a migraine.

I felt a hand grab mine and I looked down at Oscar's hand holding my own comfortingly. My eyes met his and he gave me an apologetic look. He felt guilty and I knew that he knew exactly what I was thinking.

When he announced that he had gang related matters to deal with I was all for tagging along. Then he mentioned where said matter was going to take place. I remember hesitating at first but with a smile on my face i said yes.

"I'm fine." I gave him a small smile lacing my fingers with his. He returned the smile and leaned over pressing his lips to my forehead and then it moved lower kissing the tip of my nose and finally settling on my lips.

It was a small peck which was followed my another. I was about to deepen the kiss when I heard someone clear their throat.

My eyes widened in embarrassment because I completely forgot we weren't alone in the car.

"Imagine if Benji didn't interrupt you guys. Would you have fucked right in front of us?" It was Chico who spoke I turned around to see him looking at us in disgust.

"I don't want to see that. That's disgusting." He looked between me and Oscar his eyes narrowed at the two of us.

I bit the inside of my cheeks before opening the door.
"Yeah sorry."

"Dumbass." Is what I heard before I got out of the car. I walked in front of the red impala and leaned on the hood looking at the building in front of me.

It looked exactly the way it did years ago. It was like nothing changed but I was hoping that it did. I didn't want to see one face in there and that was Maria's.

I really hoped she disappeared off the face of the earth because I don't think I'll be able to face her.

Oscar stood next to me our shoulders touching.
"I'm sorry." He said after a few moment of silence.