37

I leaned on the car my dad insisted I drive since my own one was wrecked for obvious reasons

I leaned on the car my dad insisted I drive since my own one was wrecked for obvious reasons. I don't know what difference it'll make knowing that the car wouldn't hide me from them but I took it without arguing. I brought my baseball cap down to shield my face, another thing he insisted I do. I was outside of Alaïa's school waiting for her to get off and then I was going to spend sometime with her. And hopefully Oscar... Oh, and the boys too. 

I smiled when I heard the bell ring and picked myself up slowly making my way to the school gate. In the corner of my eyes I could spot a black car, any other day that would've worried me but I sent a faint smile to the two people sitting in the driver and passenger seat of the car. Prophets. Prophets my dad broke down doors and demanded protection from. He didn't have to do all that for the simple fact that, that was already arranged. 

After hearing what happened to me 50 himself sneaked into my house and offered his allegiance. 'I'm a prophet and Prophet protects their own' those were the words he used. 

"Mummy!" my smiled turned into a genuine bright one when I heard Alaïa call out my name.

"How are you doing?" I looked up at her teacher who had a smile on her own face. 

"Good. And you? How is she doing?" I asked, looking down at her hand who hasn't released my daughters'. 

"She's a good girl. Very good... Very smart." She smiled down at Alaïa, I nodded

"Yes, she is."I agreed proudly. 

"Your boyfriend... Her dad forgot to take this the other day...was hoping to catch him today but I didn't." I looked at the hairband in her hand, my eyebrow shooting up curiously. 

In her hand was my daughter's hairband which she could've placed on her head, where it should be or in her school bag but she didn't. Instead she was hoping to catch my boyfriend to give it to him. 

"Yeah... Unfortunately, you got me." I gave her a forced smile taking Alaïa's other hand and pulling her gently towards. 

"Have a lovely evening." With that I turned around with Alaïa trailing behind me. 

"Mummy, I didn't say goodbye to Miss Courty." She pouted and I shook my head. 

"Well Ms Courty is interested in your daddy and we can't have that." What was meant to be something I said in my head was said out loud and I cringed. Alaia was a kid and she was going to repeat things like any kid would do. And I didn't want her to repeat that, especially not to Ms Courty herself. 

"Is that a bad thing mummy?" She asked. I cursed myself. 

"Not necessarily okay. Because Daddy has a girlfriend." I explained. 

"But you're his girlfriend right mummy?" I stopped in my tracks right Infront of the car. I could go ahead and be selfish and lie or tell her the truth and have her ask a bit more questions.