5

It was my first day at work and frankly I was nervous to the core

It was my first day at work and frankly I was nervous to the core. I was either going to ace it or have everything go wrong. I was kind and patient but sometimes those things went out of the window.

Especially now when I'm stressed. Oscar was back in my life, no he was back in Alaïa's life and I just so happen to be around her. This morning he insisted on dropping her at school and he did,Alaïa was the happiest I've seen her. She hopped,she giggled and her smile grew wider and wider every second she spent around Oscar. I didn't mind that, my only fear is that she calls him Daddy, I was not ready for that.

"You're in a daze could it be first day fear." I blinked and looked up at a man wearing a white coat and a badge and I knew he was a Doctor.

"You must be Miss Howard. Hi I'm Dr Crapp." My eyes widened and I couldn't hold in the small laugh.

"Yeah yeah I get that reaction most of the time which is why I insist everybody call me Nathan. Can't handle the Crap jokes." I was thankful that he laughed because if I had a surname like that and a person laughed when I said it I was laughing with them while throwing hands.

"Well, you didn't choose that surname, it chose you. And it could be a lot worse." I humoured him.

"I stay up late at night wondering how my dad's side of the family live their lives with that surname. It's absolutely shit." He smirked making me laugh getting the pun.

"Well it's nice to meet you Dr Nathan." He frowned shaking his head

"Actually you can just call me Nathan. I like the way you say my name." I was taken aback not knowing what to do. Was he flirting with me?

"You mean this boring  mix of California and New York accent I have?" I raised my eyebrows unimpressed.

"Nah it's different. Very Unique." I shook my head. If every doctor and nurse around was like
Him I was going to have a swell time here.

"Okay Nathan."

He clapped his hands almost making me jump and that amused him "Now for what I really came here to do. I will be mentoring you Miss Howard. I'm the best there is here." He gloated, not in an arrogant way but in a joking manner.

Great. talk about modest

It's been 3 hours of following Nathan around getting the hang of things and truth be told I already had enough.

I was finally getting my break and I instantly went to the canteen for something to eat. I grabbed a simple coke and sandwich before sitting down on a chair far away from everyone. I wanted to call the school and ask about Alaïa but I didn't want to be a tiger mother .

"You mind if I sit here?" I looked up to see a pretty girl wearing scrubs standing over me. Her hair was cut short and she had a look  that made her more edgy.

"Please go ahead" I motioned to the seat,she sat down smiling at me. I found it weird that she choose to sit here considering the fact that there was other empty tables but I didn't mind it.

I went back to my phone but I didn't miss her staring at me.

"I know this is going to sound weird but you're Leigh-Anne right?." I looked up confused at the sound of my name. How did she know me?

"Hi, I'm Clara. You don't know me but I know you. I recognise you actually." She let out a small laugh but I was still confused.

"Let me introduce myself again . I'm Clara,Benji's girlfriend." My mouth went into an 'O' shape. I was genuinely shock to hear that Benji had a girlfriend but I was happy that he did. It was a long time coming.

"Wow. Nice to meet you." I smiled widely.

"I recognise you from the pictures. You were Oscar's girlfriend weren't you?" She asked and I nodded slowly.

"You know, he has this picture in his sun visor of the two of you." My heart tugged at that.

"Let me guess, it's the picture of him and I at the beach?" I smiled at the memory.

She nodded " Yeah he had his arms wrapped around you and you two had the biggest smiles on your face. It was cute to be honest." There was the feeling I was trying to fight so hard creeping back inside of me.

I didn't need to know all of this.
I coughed trying to hide my uneasiness, now all I could think about is him. I knew that picture so well, we took it on our first date and he kept it in the same place because he likes to 'see it when he drives' and I didn't know how to actually feel now knowing it was still there.

"So you know our story then?" I asked and she nodded with an apologetic smile.

"Benji kinda talks a lot. Especially this past week. He hasn't stopped talking about you."

I rolled my eyes At Benji's behaviour,I would've honestly expect that from Chico or even Pablo not Benji. He was the reasonable sane one of the group

"I swear men gossip more than females and that's something no one can convince me otherwise."

But even as I sat there infront of what looked like a new friend I couldn't help but think about that picture. I had a lot of questions, like why does he still have it? How does Camilla feel knowing he has a picture of the two of us with him,that's if she knows.

I got even more confused by the questions I keep asking myself and I was starting to get a headache. And headaches were never good for me.

It's hasn't been a whole 2 weeks and here I was, conflicted,in my feelings and confused. I was already regretting moving here. I should've stayed in New York.