21

(Bringing back GIFs)

My hands were shaking

Be careful. Cesar was right I should be careful and I was scared not for my life but for Alaïa. I had to think about it clearly. Him ordering those hits meant that he was retaliating and when he does that 19th street or whatever the fuck their name is will do the same..and one thing I've learned is that they will hit close to him. They will go after what they care about the most and for Oscar that probably would be Camilla or Alaïa. I didn't care about the girl but I was not going to mess around when it comes to my daughter.

I parked the car knowing exactly where he would be since he was back to being the big bad wolf. And sure enough there he was lounging infront of the house like he normally did.

This felt like deja vu. It's like he belonged there but I was not going to let how fine he is back in his own element distract me.

When he saw me he stood up but he wasn't prepared for the punch I sent his way. This was the first time I laid hands on Oscar,so I didn't know how he'll react but by the look on his face it wasn't going to be good but I didn't care. When it came to Alaïa I was fearless.

"You put a fucking target on my daughter Oscar." I shoved him back and he just stood there glaring at me.

"Yeah we just gonna go." I ignored Chico and the others who woke up giving us space.

In an instant his hands were around my throat in a choke hold but it wasn't tight enough to do any damage.

"Don't you ever fucking lay your hands on me." He said menacingly but I didn't budge.

"Get your fucking hands off me before I make you sterile Oscar." I replied in the same tone he did.

I liked being choked and I wasn't playing the first time I told him but not in this way. Nothing about this excited me or ignited this fire inside of me. This is a serious matter.

He let go off me and stepped back.

"Why? Why did you have to do it?" I questioned. I understood why but I didn't understand why. It was crazy and I was angry.

"I don't know what you're talking about Leigh-Anne." He dismissed me sitting back down on his chair.

Asshole Oscar was back.

"Ordering hits on 19th Street Oscar? Are you serious?" My jaw clenched in anguish.

"I'm going to do what they did to us Leigh-Anne. What's the problem? That doesn't concern you." I chuckled licking my lips wondering which part of his body do I hit first.

"Doesn't concern me? Did it fucking occur to you that your actions have fucking consequences? Did it occur to you that you have a kid, that goes to school in Freeridge who might not be safe because of your actions?" I questioned

"Don't you think to get back at you they'll come for the people that's close to you...aka My daughter? That's why this concerns me Oscar. The safety of my daughter concerns me." He sighed shaking his head.

"Yeah that's right. Your dumbass didn't think about that. Is she even safe here?" I was already thinking about packing my things and leaving. There was no use coming here and staying here if Alaïa wasn't going to be safe

"I'm not going to let anyone hurt Alaïa Leigh-Anne. Over my dead body." I scoffed at his answer.

I'm pretty sure that's probably what he said when it came to me. And look what happened.

"I don't quite believe that Oscar. I just wish you thought things through. A little heads up would've been nice too." I walked over to the couch that was empty and he turned looking at me.

Alaïa is the only person I care about. I care about her more than I care about myself and I guess that's how every good mum feels about their kids.

I rubbed my face already feeling tense from the stress. This wasn't the Prophets, I knew they wouldn't do anything to hurt me now, this was a whole other gang I had no idea existed. I don't know what they're capable of.

"Look..." I felt the couch dip and Oscar was sitting next to me. "...Look I promise you I won't let anyone hurt Alaïa or you.. I'd die before they do that." I felt his hand on my back rubbing it in comfort.

"Oscar. Why are you rubbing my back?" I looked up at him and he chuckled.

"I'm trying to comfort you fool." He frowned and I broke into a smile.

I leaned into the couch and stared at the house next door.
"How do you feel being back here?" I questioned.

"Weird. But I've missed it. I've missed the power being in the gang gave me. And I'm glad to be back." I glanced at him to see a faint smile on his face.

"You know you can live a double life. Chef by day gang leader by night. You can definitely pull it off." I joked but I meant it.

"Wish it was that easy. There are a few complications." He cringed and I knew what he meant....Camilla was the complication.

"Is she against all of this?" I was prying and I wasn't going to stop.

"That's the whole reason she made us move out. It was getting too overwhelming for her." She shrugged.

"Did you want to move?" I knew the answer to that.

"What do you think? I know you said to make something more with myself but...I could never leave Freeridge as hard as I tried." I turned to face him tucking my feet under me.

"But you did." I said softly staring at him as he too glanced at me.

I looked down at his hand between the two of us.

"I hate seeing you in jeans dressed up so nicely. I mean you look good but this... and this...." I touched his pants and his t-shirt. "This is you. I loved that about you." I laid my head on the head of the couch.

"You were always so soft when it came to me and then the big bad gang leader when you needed to be." I reached over grabbing his hand and to my surprise he let me, stroking his thumb on mine.

"I know it's some dumb shit to do. But I always think about what would've happen if you didn't leave."

I did too. Every chance I got.

"One things for sure...We still would've had Alaïa."

"I could never get enough of you." He whispered.

Me neither.